Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P1632. Immobiliser. Service vehicle soon check powertrain intermittent P0300 P0301 P0303 P0305

SSSoooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz ute 190kw manual
Hi i have been having problems with my 2006 VZ V6 ute (manual) 72,000ks
I bought the car a few months ago, previous owner did sparkplugs, coilpack, service.. but the car would shake hard at idle and sounded like it had a slight miss randomly the check powertrain would pop up and make it run like crap i believe it goes into limp mode until i turn it off and restart. The codes P0300, 301,303,305. Clear them run ok for a random amount of time before happening again.

i did injectors, fuelfilter, looked for anything obvious and checked sparkplugs to find that there was a rubber sparkplug socket grabber stuck on the plug Got it off made a tiny difference in idle but still shakey. And intermittent problem with check powertrain kept popping up.
Recently turning key to on and waiting for system check it popped up with "service vehicle soon" no crank until i unlock/lock doors. Until the red hand dissapears and starts fine. Threw a "P1632 immobiliser fuel disable signal recieved" .. possible slip ring failure?

I did a new oil pressure sender thinking that would fix service vehicle soon and possibly immobiler but nope..

Also today got a new key transponder thing and no difference :/

This ute is doing my head in. Has anyone had similar experiences and how did they fix. Hoping im not in for a new ECM

Thanks if you read this far cheerss

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Multiple miss fire on Cyl 1, 3 & 5
Fix that first,
Sounds like a common denominator for Bank 1, possible ground connection, or Faulty Plugs, or Coils.

Last edited:

SSSoooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz ute 190kw manual
Multiple miss fire on Cyl 1, 3 & 5
Fix that first,
Sounds like a common denominator for Back 1, possible ground connection, or Faulty Plugs, or Coils.
Thankyou. Im starting to think its immobiliser related as all codes pop up at same time, also thinking possible blocked cat, hmm

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Step one. With the engine cool to the touch, remove the negative terminal. Secure it out of the way.

Remove the harness earth connection on the cylinder head.

With a tap, gently clean out the thread in the head.

Clean the mating surface on the head. A small brass brush or scotchbrite. Give the mating surface of the harness earth a clean. Gently. Remove any corrosion and dirt.

Spray CO Contact cleaner in the bolt hole. Spray it over the harness connector.

Get a new bolt or at least clean the old one up. Clean the thread. Clean the underside of the bolt head. All the mating surfaces.

I should mention to cover the alternator with some old undies to stop bits of brass from the brush dropping into the alternator.

Repeat on the other side. There is another harness earth on the other side.

Do the same with the earth point below the ABS module.

I run a short battery earth lead (320mm-ish) between the right cylinder head earth and the earth point below the ABS.

Also good to do the small 7mm bolt from the ECM for the ECM earth.

This doesn’t take long. Cost: CO Contact cleaner $25. Small brass brush $5 in a set of three.

Eliminates one very simple and easy cause of the fault.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thankyou. Im starting to think its immobiliser related as all codes pop up at same time, also thinking possible blocked cat, hmm
You can’t solve this with random creative guesses.

Blocked cat would have been giving other issues and codes.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you got a new key, was it one of those MAP brand keys? They can create all sorts of headaches and faults with corrupted data. I have a bag of buggered ones.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plugs could be counterfeit plugs off eBay as well. Knockoffs are so good they are even hard to pick by the genuine manufacturers.

I’d be getting a set from a physical shop.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Download the workshop manual. There is a flow chart for fault finding these codes. A process of tests. An “if yes then move to this” kind of thing. Walks you through it.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
If you got a new key transponder, was it one of those MAP brand keys? They can create all sorts of headaches and faults with corrupted data. I have a bag of buggered ones.
MAP = Multiple Asshole Problems

SSSoooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz ute 190kw manual
Plugs could be counterfeit plugs off eBay as well. Knockoffs are so good they are even hard to pick by the genuine manufacturers.

I’d be getting a set from a physical shop.
Thankyou mate will have a go after work