Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 Manuel conversion speedo problems need help

baggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz v6 1 tonner
Hi Everyone

new to the site i hope i started ths thread in the right place

i own a 2005 vz v6 holden commodore 1 tonner origanaly it had a 4 speed automatic but i made a custom one off conversion kit and fitted the tremec t56 from a wrecked vz clubsport .

when i did the conversion i changed the automatic wiring harness out fitted the wiring harness for a aisin 6 speed and modifed the tremec 6 speed gearbox housing so it fitted the original aisin gearbox speed sensor . i then re programmed the ecu and pcm to suit aisin 6 speed gearbox. after i did this almost everything worked perfectly except i have never been able to get the speedo to work.

i cant get a feed voltage to the speed sensor or the signal back to the pcm

i am woundering if anyone has done a normal automatic to manuel conversion on there vz v6 commodores and had simular problems ? is there a connection under the dash i have to change?

or does anyone have a wiring diagram for the speed sensor circuit

i want to get the speedo working before i fit a custom built top mount supercharger kit i like to finish one project before fiting the other

thanks for your help

chrispy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 6sp Manual VZ ute
I lost the speedo on my vz manual tonner, turner\d out to be a lose wire in the back of the fuse block for the auto trans fuse