Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 with coolant in the valley!!! info please!!!!

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
In theory, if there is a leak in the valley, most, if not all, the coolant should run backwards toward the gearbox as you drive forward. If it's at the front of the engine, I would suspect the 2 orings have perished. Should cost about 50 bux for the orings at holden, and yes it could pool in the valley, although I'm having a hard time understanding how you can see into the valley with the inlet manifold in the way? A picture would be awesome to help diagnose.

LowVtWagon

LowVtWagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VT Acclaim Wagon
maybe I have it a bit wrong, I thought it was the valley I was looking at but maybe it was just between the inlet manifolds where all the coolant was lying!! im going to look at it better tomorrow so i'll try to get pics of it!!!

LowVtWagon

LowVtWagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VT Acclaim Wagon
The car only went in cause of a little coolant leak at the front of the motor and the dealership has decided to start taking bits and pieces off the motor without pressure checking or investigating into the little things that could go wrong!! im seeing a lot on here about coolant levels low and people changing the radiator cap. These guys didn't even change the cap, just the water pump. God knows if the water pump was faulty in the first place!!!!

LowVtWagon

LowVtWagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VT Acclaim Wagon
well everyone I speak to keep coming up with the same answer!! heater pipe at the front off the motor is leaking through the seals into the middle of the block!! the only one that doesn't think this is the case is the dealership that has the car!!!! gonna tell them to start putting it all back together and prove them wrong!!! thanks for everyones input!!