Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Wagon dust deflector removal

Drew9203

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Good morning people, I need to replace the dust deflector on my wagon after a neighbour kicked it to bits with a footy. I have tracked one down at a wrecker, but need to remove it myself. Has anyone done this before? I have no idea and would appreciate the help. Bear in mind, I want to put the one from the wrecker on as a replacement and don't want to destroy it.
TIA

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Air Deflector_Page_1.jpg
Air Deflector_Page_2.jpg

Put sikaflex on the sealing areas, numbered 4.

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
Here's a tip, when you are removing the nuts on the edge of the deflector be very careful because if you drop them they end up inside the tailgate and are almost impossible to get back out and you end up with a rattle every time you open and shut the tailgate :-(

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Small magnet in your socket is good for that, or just put a small piece of masking tape over your socket before pressing onto the nut, it jams the nut into the socket a bit more firmly.

Drew9203

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Awesome guys! Thanks for the tips. After reading these, I got them both off pretty quickly. Once I've polished out the marks I'll pop the fresh one straight on.
Cheers!