Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Wiring Diagram HERE:

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Sorry to dig up an old thread but it's exactly the topic I'm after. After plenty of searching I've come to a dead end. I'm replacing my 6 stacker unit with an Alpine media centre and some of the wiring colours for the stock unit have got me stumped. This is in my VZ SSZ which has factory bluetooth.
I'm running RCAs to the boot for the amp (to power the 4 door speakers). So I've taped up the obsolete stock speaker wiring at the head unit and have identified a few of the other wires I require but there's still a few that I have no idea what to do with. I read what Andyman said in post #26 but that still doesn't help me. Post #25 (snipped below) outlined the wiring I have so I've bolded the wires I'm stuck on and what to do with.

I have the following:

1.brown/ white
2.brown/ black (with silver dots on it)
3.brown
4.blue/ black
5.blue/ black (with silver dots on it)
6.blue/ orange (with silver dots on it)
7.blue
8.black/ yellow
9.black/ white (with silver dots on it)
10.grey
11.tan
12.light green
13.dark green
14.green/ white
15.yellow
16.yellow/ black
17.yellow/ red
18.yellow/ blue
19.orange/ black x2 (with silver dots)

If someone can shed some light on this for me I'd be very appreciative.

Many thanks in advance.

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
This might help:

1.brown/ white
3.brown - Steering wheel connector (Hi) (for Steering wheel radio controls)
4.blue/ black - either RR speaker return (X1_B2 on the headunit connector) or to Pin 5 of the telephone connector (VOC_SIG) (X1_C7 on the headunit connector)
7.blue - Pin 6 of the telephone connector (VOC_RET)
8.black/ yellow - Steering wheel connector (Lo) (for Steering wheel radio controls)
10.grey
11.tan
12.light green
13.dark green
14.green/ white - Serial data (UART) Bus
15.yellow
16.yellow/ black
17.yellow/ red
18.yellow/ blue
19.orange/ black x2 (with silver dots) - Both wires are Battery +ve (connected externally to the same point)

Info supplied at user risk. :)

Last edited:

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Thanks heaps for that. Just for us leymans (me), what does the serial data Bus do and will I need to connect it to the new head unit? Also, with the 2 battery positives, I just join them to the constant power on the new unit? Sorry for all the questions.

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Thanks heaps for that. Just for us leymans (me), what does the serial data Bus do and will I need to connect it to the new head unit? Also, with the 2 battery positives, I just join them to the constant power on the new unit? Sorry for all the questions.

Among other things, the serial data (UART) bus is used to allow communication between the headunit and the dash display, to show things like the radio station frequency, cd data, etc. Unless your new headunit has provisos for this, then it would be left unconnected. If required, I would ensure that the unused wire is terminated within some sort of insulation (tape, etc), to ensure that it doesn't short out at all.

As for the two battery positives, you would probably only need to connect one of them to your new headunit (they are both connected to the same point, so are at the same potential - hence the color is identical), making sure once again that if required, the unused wire is terminated within some sort of insulation (tape, etc), to ensure that it doesn't short out at all.

Disclaimer: Info supplied at user risk. :blah blah:

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Thanks very much for your help bcw61. I took a punt earlier today and didn't connect the serial data lead and just twitched the two positives together to the new headunit's power. I hooked the whole lot up and it all seems to be working nicely.
Thanks again for your help mate.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Anyone got vt-vy V8 Manual and Auto ones?

Law84

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive 3.6L V6
I'm saving and printing it.
reading.gif
Can do with a diagram like that...

Cheers

v8steve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
This might help:

1.brown/ white
3.brown - Steering wheel connector (Hi) (for Steering wheel radio controls)
4.blue/ black - either RR speaker return (X1_B2 on the headunit connector) or to Pin 5 of the telephone connector (VOC_SIG) (X1_C7 on the headunit connector)
7.blue - Pin 6 of the telephone connector (VOC_RET)
8.black/ yellow - Steering wheel connector (Lo) (for Steering wheel radio controls)
10.grey
11.tan
12.light green
13.dark green
14.green/ white - Serial data (UART) Bus
15.yellow
16.yellow/ black
17.yellow/ red
18.yellow/ blue
19.orange/ black x2 (with silver dots) - Both wires are Battery +ve (connected externally to the same point)

Info supplied at user risk. :)

hi there, sorry for using an old thread, but is the number 14. serial data (uart) bus the same as a CAN BUS

JarBro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hi guys,

I am getting low voltage faults to both my camshaft intake solenoids. Codes P2088 and cant remember the othersides code. I had some spare solenoids which I swapped and it didnt change anything so I am assuming its 1 of 2 things.
A loose wiring somewhere causing a bad earth or a bad earth on the ECU.

I am confused at how this wiring diagram works for the v6 alloytec. I am testing for continuity but as far as I can make out from the delphi plug i should be going into socket 12 and 29 as they correspond to 176 and 177 - I have a delphin plug with 64 holes in it with 4 rows 1-16 . 17-32 and so on.

I am getting nothing at the moment and just wondered if any auto sparkies can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5