Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

W375 special?

AzC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Hi guys,

I'm getting offered a 1k off price for the W375 package at around 5.5k. To my understanding walkinshaw is a bit of marketing and that's why you more for something that's not the best value for money.

However, I'm considering it at 1k cheaper, it's only. About 300 bucks more than the same shops usual alternative (pacemaker exhaust) etc.

Thoughts? Comments?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I pulled up next to a ve ss with w375 kit and creamed him from a rolling start - I waited for him to boot it before I put the foot down. That was in my sub 3k vx ss with small stall, stock Airbox, unknown cam and 3.9’s. Bloke pulled up next to us after and wanted to know what was done to it lol

Basically, much better off taking it to a reputable tuner in your area

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Isnt the issue your paying slightly more for their profts/R&D to get basically a off the shelf tune. Would think the parts are same proce/margin as everywhere else but tune may leave a little to desire.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I spent around $10k and got an aftermarket setup achieveing the same as a W407 with 704Nm. Plus mine included a new clutch, flywheel, master cylinder, high volume oil pump and of course a tune for my engine rather than the generic one designed for a new engine and very safe. Your tune should always be by someone who knows what they're doing and be specific for your engine as no two engines are the same.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I pulled up next to a ve ss with w375 kit and creamed him from a rolling start - I waited for him to boot it before I put the foot down. That was in my sub 3k vx ss with small stall, stock Airbox, unknown cam and 3.9’s. Bloke pulled up next to us after and wanted to know what was done to it lol

Basically, much better off taking it to a reputable tuner in your area

W375 on a ve 6.0L?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Mighta been vf mate I’m not sure - I’m not up with the later model Holden’s tbh. Was a while ago.
Ah ok, no worries.
I totally agree they're way overpriced. No surprise you easily dusted him though. Lighter car, diff change, cam, stally. Effectively VS headers and a tune in a heavier car.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
The W375 is usually 6k but they advertise it as $6,500. The quality of parts isn’t great despite the perceptions. If I had my time again I’d go a hurricane system with stainless ceramic coated headers or harrop equivalent and have my tuner actually tune it on the dyno.