Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WA Legal System at its finest :(

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Long story short I was cleaned up while on my streetbike headin to work on march 19th last year by a 18 year old P plater in the middle of the damn day. Got very very busted up and spent 9 months in hospital relearning all the stupid **** like sitting, standing, walking etc.

I did the following;
- Ruptured Spleen
- 6 Broken Ribs
- Fractured right Scapula (shoulder blade)
- Punctured left lung
- Completely shattered right hip ** Im now a huge member of club titanium :)
- 5 fractures to my lumber spine
- bleeding & bruising to the back right of my brain ** causing a left side hemi paralysis (which i have no idea if i will ever recover from as lots still doesnt work properally or at all even though its 14 months on)

**I was put into a induced coma for 2.5 weeks due to all of the above**

Start of Feb this year the cops charged her with Dangerous Driving Ocassioning Grevious Bodily Harm, She appeared in court on march 19th without a lawyer so it was adjurned untill april 16th for legal advice, then it was adjurned untill may 14th cos her lawyer wanted more time :censored:

I now am goin to the court tomorrow just to see how she finally pleads, only 14 months after literally almost killing me.

All she will get is a fine and a loss of license for 6 months or so. I am just pissed at how long this is taking and how piss weak the sentance will be.. I mean common bitch alnmost killed me, i will never be the same as i once was and i have permanant disabilities now.

Sigh, i just wanted a rant as im hopefully gonna finally see her admit her actions and peads guilty, if she pleads not guilty i swear im going to snap. grrrr
Bloody people not owning up for their own actions just shits me.:rant:

Ok im done

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Wow, sorry to hear what happened.

What you don't need on top of all else you have to live with because of this accident, is to be bitter and twisted. You need to let it go or it will control and consume you. I understand you are angry, and the system may let you down, but you cannot blame her for the sentence that is handed down.
If she pleads not guilty then I believe her sentence would be greater, however again, you must not let her get the better of you. Easy to say I know, but maybe seek some counselling to deal with it.

I wish you the best for your future, and I hope this girl does the right thing and admits her guilt and shows some remorse for her actions.

jay_wr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina wagon 5.7
That really sucks mate, All the best for tomorrow, hope it turns out alright for you

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Been thru something like that but not as bad and yeah they will get a slap on the wrist so dont expect much to happen.

Glad your doing ok tho, thats good to hear.

Put in a big claim and dont take no bargin they offer, go for the max, as you know medical bills aint cheap.

melissasd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Geez that sounds absolutely terrible, obviously something your gonna have to deal with for the rest of your life, unfortunately, and I hope you can go back to living a normal life.

I would also be claiming for all I could.. That's your quality of life gone now.

Kinda feel bad for the girl in a strange sort of a way - I meen, it probally most likely was an accident - unless she's some nut case or something. And when your young and new to driving sometimes things do go wrong and motorbikes are some what sometimes harder to see (especially Roe Hwy of a morning when they ride between the lanes between cars (not saying you do))

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Hey Simmo, best of luck with it.

I hope you have a good mindset though. It's important to remember that it was an accident. Unless of course she was drunk/drugged etc. Accidents should get treated as accidents. Deliberate stuff is a real crime.

I do hope it comes out as well as it can for you. Cheers mate.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Start of Feb this year the cops charged her with Dangerous Driving Ocassioning Grevious Bodily Harm, She appeared in court on march 19th without a lawyer so it was adjurned untill april 16th for legal advice, then it was adjurned untill may 14th cos her lawyer wanted more time :censored:

I now am goin to the court tomorrow just to see how she finally pleads, only 14 months after literally almost killing me.

All she will get is a fine and a loss of license for 6 months or so. I am just pissed at how long this is taking and how piss weak the sentance will be.. I mean common bitch alnmost killed me, i will never be the same as i once was and i have permanant disabilities now.

Sigh, i just wanted a rant as im hopefully gonna finally see her admit her actions and peads guilty, if she pleads not guilty i swear im going to snap. grrrr
Bloody people not owning up for their own actions just shits me.:rant:

Ok im done

Seeing as you havent mentioned she was under any influence or was not speeding, all you can say is, it was an accident. While what happened to you sucks, she is facing up to 7 years jail for this accident, I imagine she is shitting herself. While I feel for you, I also feel for her only because I do not know the full story. Would love to see a summary of charges regarding this. Judging by your post, I dare say she has been charged under Section 52A(iii) part 1C in a manner dangerous to another person or persons.
basically anyone who causes an accident and causes serious injury will face such charges if they were not speeding or under the influence. If it was deemed an accident, I know I would be pleading not guilty.

Speaking from experience, get over the hate, get over the anger, it will only make things worse. Be grateful you are alive and can walk, many people do not get this lucky.
Concentrate on your compensation claim, they are seriously very mentally draining.

I guess this also shows why bikes and cars should not be ont he same roads, even if i do enjoy riding my pushy on roads.

All the best.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
I feel for you mate, that would really suck. I just bought a CBR250 a couple of weeks ago, and almost got cleaned up by a bloke on a round about that didn't give way to me, luckly i was able to avoid the collision or who knows what could happend to me.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I feel for you mate, that would really suck. I just bought a CBR250 a couple of weeks ago, and almost got cleaned up by a bloke on a round about that didn't give way to me, luckly i was able to avoid the collision or who knows what could happend to me.

Off topic, but if he almost hit you, wouldnt that mean he was in the roundabout first?

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Off topic, but if he almost hit you, wouldnt that mean he was in the roundabout first?

How so? All it means is that the guy in the car did not give way to Quick308, most likely the driver was pulling onto the roundabout in front of the bike, already on it.