Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw E2 extracts 480kW and 802Nm

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
I think the wheels are definitely not suited, the bonnet scoops look a bit over the top....... probably would look better blended into the bonnet more, the side skirts....... whats up with that, they need to sort them out...... look a little weird as they fade off.

The front ........ somethings just not quiet right, I think perhaps less of a slope (so it's more flat at the front, would make it meaner looking.... bit more serious) ......... diff headlights may be the way to go.

-=-

But in all seriousness..... all the VE Commodores....... WHAT IS UP WITH THOSE WHEEL ARCHES! It looks like a goofy dog smiling.

I hate the rear arial..... it's like a dog with a little tail sticking up......

I love the car for sure, it's a beast but........ looks wise, needs to be refined. They've had like 4-5 years now to fix those stupid wheel arches........

Holden beleive ......... if another car pulls up beside you....... that car would kill it off the line which is fine. But there are many cars "faster" then that..... then need to work on things as a whole......

I hope for Australia's sake holden improve the look of the VE's..... as I would love to see more 'positive' clips of it on Top Gear.

They need to make like a 4.2-6.2ltr new double overhead cam V8 with possible turbo's (more efficent, newer technology), fix the VE shape in parts......... then they'll be on the map world wide with all the goods.

Other then that........ I hope they build some new tech into their v6's..... supercharge, turbo..... perhaps a true power button across all cars (which switches tunes on the fly) ...... for economy vs power vs launch etc.

All these things are not seriously expensive, they are not out of reach.....

That said......... Holden do make fun, cool cars........ n we love em.

PS. Fix the A frame...... more rear passenger space, lower the rear a tad, more rear window (so it doesn't slope back to the massively high boot)....... lower the boot a tad. They took the VZ commodore shape and turned it into the Mitsubshi 380 frame....... not cool.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
i reckon that it looks better than most other commodores that i see done up

Matty-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
They VE is a great looking car, It does need to be updated (as its been about 4 years since it came out) which my mate who works at Holden's has told me it will soon. He said think of it as the "VT to VX upgrade..."
HSV on the otherhand need to go back to the drawing board with their exterior styling as the previous E series was actually better looking...
If they want to compete with euro cars they should look at the E65, M5, RS6 etc... and see how simple their styling is, which looks good...
They should improve their interiors as well with better quality materials like real alloy, carbon fiber, more leather and less plastic...
IMO

revv_head

I DRIVE A V6 SS :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
The body-kit could use a few tweaks but generally I like it. The bonnet scoops need to be a bit more subtle and work into the bonnet more, the mags are definitely **** for that style car, and the horizontal bars in the fog lights need to be replaced with mesh or anything else.

i dunno man i think its nice .. im quick to judge people and i just thought to myself.. that guys a moron.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
i think that hsv need to start designing there own dash boards because it doesnt look that far of a ssv or calais dash so it looks kind of cheap for what your getting

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
If they do a VT-VX upgrade they will fail bad. What they need is to move the car from VX-VY. Look wise it can stay about the same with some smart changes as many still comment it's a good looking car today. But that interior must get a new life.