Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

War between Hezbollah and Israel

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Our immigration policy is governed by the economy just like every other country. You dont want to let in 10,000 dole bludgers when you can have the same amount of skilled labour.
As for these dual citizens that are living over there & cry for help when the **** hits the fan stuff them. If it was people trapped while on holiday I can understand the need to help them back but if you decide to live in a war zone its your own fault.
In my opinion we have too many people treated like second hand citizens in this country as it is. Giving citizens of another country first class treatment just shows how fcuked up we are.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Different Views.

Isn't it great. We can have differing views and still not bop each other on the head. Well most of us anyhow.

IMHO, the big difference between Israel and the West is that when the West goes to war, our politicians interfere with the military execution.

Israel has shown significant restraint against the provocation of suicide bombers and rocket attacks from southern Lebanon over recent years. Obviously the "capture" of Israeli soldiers from Israeli territory was the final straw.

When the Israeli government gives the green light to the IDF, they let them get on with the job without political interfence.

Let's be frank. There are three options open to Israel.

1) Let Hebollah continue the war of attrition without response.

2) Initiate a low intensity drawn-out battle as a response to the provocation. This might give proportionally lower casualties each day, but over a much extended period.

3) Go for it, seeking a decisive impact on the enemies' ability to fight.

I have ignored "diplomatic" options as they will only work if both sides want them to.

Any country adopting option 1 is finished. Just the timing needs to be determined.

Option 2, the politically dominated approach gives rise to Vietnam-type conflicts. Eventual outcome is most probably the same as option 1, but this would be the "death of a thousand cuts" if you are in Israel's position. This option is a higher risk in my opinion because it would cause escalation of the conflict without the delivery of overwhelming force. That equals higher casualties from my training.

IMHO option 3 has the greatest chance of achieving something. Anything less will only make matters worse for Israel. It is sad that Hezbollah stages its activities out of suburban environments. That means that the collateral damage will be high, so I see that as much Hezbollah's responsibility as Israel's.

Now I agree that it would be better if we could all live together without the need to shot each other up. From my selfish point, option 1 would be best for me as I could keep my head in the sand about the atrocities that were being committed by Hezbollah. However, I reluctantly accept that option 1 was no longer acceptable to Israel. If I accept that position, then the Israeli response (option 3) is the only way to go. Sad, but true.

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
_Mukas_ said:
and EVERYONE believes whats in the book a bloke wrote and millions decided 'hey, that sounds alright, i believe him'........:rofl:

sorry but i cant stand people who try to push this 'its true, its in the bible' bullshit down anyones throat....keep ya god **** to yaself man, this aint sunday school....

I apologize for not being clearer, but the comment was meant as a JOKE! The point you make is the exact point i was trying to get across all be it in a sarcastic manner which hasnt translated well across the screen (next time i'll use a smilie to make sure) i thought it was obvious given that if i truly believed that, it would make it awfully hard to look at any girl ever again :)

The conflict, and the general problems in the middle east are rooted in differences in religion, and religious zealotry is based on the belief that your religion is right and everyone else is wrong, and this in turn is based in texts such as the bible, Torah, Koran.

I still stand by my peace, love, unity comment though.
I love you as a brother however much you abuse me ;) ;) ;)

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
KingBrown said:
I apologize for not being clearer, but the comment was meant as a JOKE! The point you make is the exact point i was trying to get across all be it in a sarcastic manner which hasnt translated well across the screen (next time i'll use a smilie to make sure) i thought it was obvious given that if i truly believed that, it would make it awfully hard to look at any girl ever again :)

The conflict, and the general problems in the middle east are rooted in differences in religion, and religious zealotry is based on the belief that your religion is right and everyone else is wrong, and this in turn is based in texts such as the bible, Torah, Koran.

I still stand by my peace, love, unity comment though.
I love you as a brother however much you abuse me ;) ;) ;)

no worries mate, i had a feeling you were taking the piss but i thought ide ark up just to be sure. :whistling
people use religion as an excuse i reckon, its a lust for power and because someone is 'x' religion, they use that as their 'divine inspiration'....either way, let em blow each other up so we dont have to put up with either of their **** now or in the future when it happens again somewhere else....
*see quote in sig*

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
Shounak said:
Greenfoam, the most ardent right wing extreme Israeli's just want peace for Israel. They want to coexist with Palestine, Lebanon, etc. Ehud Barak offered over 90% of the Gaza strip to the Palestinians, yet they still refused..

actually the most right wing israelis would nuke its arab neighbours tomorrow. the mostly live in settlements and are crazier than even palestinian terrorists.

Barak was not a right winger. the palestinians did not really refuse his offer anyway, they do not understand the western culture of negotiation. Arafat thought that by refusing his offer the israelis would make a better one but instead they thought "beauty, that's all the excuse we needed to get out of this bloody negotiation thing Clinton made us get involved in" and they promptly walked out.