Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

**warning - testra scam alert **

brumby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Also never open zip files. If there is a link in the email and you use Chrome hover over link and look at the bottom left of your screen - the real address is shown. amazing how many links are not the same as the details typed in the email.

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
There are other scams emails coming from companies that look like Telstra, Virgin and Vodofone that are zip files which act as there is a mms contained within it. Look pretty convincing on first glance.

Seen a few of those lately so just thought id add to this

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Has been a qantas one doing the rounds with an exe attached also. Bright sparks in IT at work decided to blacklist, but ended up blocking all the legit Qantas bookings people were making. DOH!

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
Has been a qantas one doing the rounds with an exe attached also. Bright sparks in IT at work decided to blacklist, but ended up blocking all the legit Qantas bookings people were making. DOH!

Most company mail servers block .exe's all together. And if they don't they should because the file type is never used for anything anyway. 9/10 if an .exe is trying to be sent by a user they are doing something silly. Besides, if memory serves Outlook stops people from opening .exe files. I wonder why all modern email clients don't do this?

vy_storm

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Most company mail servers block .exe's all together.

Yeah, well had one slip through this morning. Am sure they are looking at it and it was just a case of fine tuning to let the legit ones get through.... the exe did show up in outlook, but was not going to risk trying to open it anyway.

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
Must be Outlook 2003 or something :p. I'm sure that the later version have them blocked. You can send them but you can't open them.

Or it might be an Exchange side rule for the clients to follow, but I doubt it.

vy_storm

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Yeah, have just been yakking to IT this afternoon. They are playing around with the ironport, so things have been hit and miss the last day or so..