Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Warranty Issues

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
No rules to bend, if it's under warranty they will fix it.

Rules to bend if you want to install aftermarket gear with a warranty job though. The dealer obviously can't charge Holden for them but if it's coming apart anyway and you supply some parts to go with...

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Only problem is if the aftermarket lifters fail, while unlikely, there's no warranty.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Praying LS9 lifters are as tough as promised....
I’m sure they’d be fine. Should they fail, they’d be covered the company that did your cam job... unless you provided the lifters in which case they’d warrant the workmanship while the lifter seller would warrant the part.

In such a case, should you have issues, you could end up stuck between the two parties blaming each other. That’s why it’s simpler to let the shop provide the parts and labour :) and keep warranty and other work separate :rolleyes:

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
I’m sure they’d be fine. Should they fail, they’d be covered the company that did your cam job... unless you provided the lifters in which case they’d warrant the workmanship while the lifter seller would warrant the part.

In such a case, should you have issues, you could end up stuck between the two parties blaming each other. That’s why it’s simpler to let the shop provide the parts and labour :) and keep warranty and other work separate :rolleyes:
All parts and labour providedby company.