Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Was I wrong?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
you've done nothing wrong, and totally agreed with burger!

hes had a barking dog for years and u work on a trailer and pool area and he bitchs?? some ppl really need to think about ****. but at the end of the day, he is your neighbour, compromise with him, tell him to shut his dogs up and u'll stop working on the trailer while he sleeps! until such time, turn up the music while u work so you can hear it when cleaning the slag

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Straight out tell him to **** off.

I've worked nights, and never once did I expect my neighbours to jump for me, though they do run a daycare in there backyard so sleeping in past 7am is impossible, which sucked when I geto home between 5 and 6, but thats my fault not theres, so I dealt with it, or slept at my sisters house when I need to.
BUT then the neighbour got a job doing nights, and one morning (sunday)at 5am I here someone smashing a brickwall, im like wtf. I go over there, met another neighbour on the way over who was also going to complain. His excuse was, he worked nights and he got home from work and started their renovations.... renovations using a jack hammer smashing concrete at 5am on a Sunday, he refused to stop. So I thought thats ok, so that afternoon i fire up the air compressor (the big boy), have the shed stereo pumpin and decided to tune my car lol, cops showed up caus they had a complaint lmao. Next weekend he was throwing the smashed concrete into a skip bin at 4am or some ****, the most rude inconsiderate wanker ive ever met. I work days and i work nights, no matter what i dont expect people to change for me.

Some people are just stupid and think the world revolves around them, just make sure hes aware it doesnt.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
When are you supposed to do your work? While he's working (to the disgust of your other neighboors)? 1:00PM is damned reasonable, if it's OK for the council and everyone then it should be for you too.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
On this subject, does anyone know the times it is legal to make loud noises? We have a house going up across the road, and they start at about 7.30 every morning, which doesn't really bother me because I usually leave the house about then anyway, but this weekend they started that early on saturday and sunday, doing what sounded like 2 fat guys wrestling on sheets of corrugated iron.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
On this subject, does anyone know the times it is legal to make loud noises? We have a house going up across the road, and they start at about 7.30 every morning, which doesn't really bother me because I usually leave the house about then anyway, but this weekend they started that early on saturday and sunday, doing what sounded like 2 fat guys wrestling on sheets of corrugated iron.

check with your council but i believe its 9 on sat/ sun, maybe later on sunday

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Just bad luck to him... normal work hours, work happens. It's not as if you're doing for no reason.

If he comes back at you - "his dogs" should shut him up.

zaczac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Supercharged
each state has different laws, in QLD, police only deal with noise from vehicles/parties/music/etc, but the tools/dogs etc is a council issue.
In QLD there is no TIME LIMIT for noise, it is a judgement call depending on circumstances.
People can make complaints at any time of day or night.

I also work shift work and I just have to put up with it as it's friggin daytime!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
This is the reason you get paid more to work shifts :), because it's a pain in the ass. But you should be able to make all the noise in the shed you want during the legal hours. Those crazy bitches that would fire up the mower at 7am on Sunday used to drive me crazy too when I lived in town but grinding and bashing in the middle of the day is fine :)

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Give him a set of ear plugs and say he has 2 options, stick them in his ears or his arse..

If you where doing it later then i would of said your wrong in doing so BUT at 1pm? wtf thats perfectly fine....

stuff him and dont worry about it..