Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wash Ya Beast? Whats better?

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
So im down at the local car was and a thought pops into my head??? Whats better to do.. Hand wash your car, go to the car wash and get it machine washed or at the car wash and do it yourself?? Strange i know but just looking what everybodys thoughts are? Seems everytime i wash my car at home i need a high pressure clear (with water restrictions and all that .. cant) and when i go the car wash it never seems to come out full clean?? I personally would never go thru a machine but whats your thoughts? :king:

Z

Z()LTAN

use proper soap like the armorall shiny **** or something and use a bucket clean her good but dont let it dry! then wash it off good with the hose, make sure u do this on the grass :)

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
High pressure hose the thing at the $1 place.. Get all the crap off your car, get it roughly clean..

Give it a sponge bath at home with whatever car wash stuff you have..

Dry off and give it a good wax..

DO NOT USE THE BRUSH AT THE CAR WASHES ON YOUR PAINTWORK.. It fully scratched up my clear coat.. The only thing you should use it on are your rims..

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Yay good to hear yall looking after ya pride and joy !!! keep up the good work and if you get bord come wash mine ha ha washed it last night and it rained this mornng on the way to work DAGNAMIT

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Do many people here use a chamois to dry the car off after washing?
I don't normally but did yesterday and it came up real sweet.

Z

Z()LTAN

shamis are the best, the prob is i have an awsome one that i bought likr 10 years ago, its the realthing not theis synthetic crap that never works aswell, SHAMI IT UP!

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Take your bucket n stuff to the car wash, use the high pressure hose to fill the bucket and to 'rinse' your car off. Hand wash there. Use high pressure hose again to rinse off all the soap. Then chamois it all off from the parts that are gettin close to drying first. Then some tyre foam once everythings all dry, and beautiful =P
$2.. less hassle of hose at home, and still get to do the main parts by hand.

INSINR8R

INSINR8ED as well.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport R8
at whitford city shopping centre in perth, they got this car wash where they wash your car while you shop. pretty good idea, and its all hand washed

R

rattattack1313

As mentioned about the Water Restrictions, etc, I usually just re-wax it...the swab I use seems to move all the dead bugs, bits of cats, etc etc..I use crumpled newspaper on the glass.........I can do it under my house, in the shade, ( Beer fridge....yum............. :thumbsup: )and I don't annoy the rest of me family doing it, where-as opening the garage door....whole house shakes.....then water running though the pipes.....not a good plan at 4.00 am....( I can do things I want to do ATM at 4.00am, cos s0sage is on holidays......don't have to clean up all his mayhem through-out the forum... :thumbsup: ...looooool..)....