Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wash Ya Beast? Whats better?

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
I've never waxed my car but it's due.. whats the process and how long does it take?

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Spyper said:
I've never waxed my car but it's due.. whats the process and how long does it take?
First give your car a wash,then dry it all off with a chamois. 2nd if you car needs it give it a polish as this will bring out the shine.3rd apply wax to your car which provides a protective barrier for your paint. All these processers if done correctly
should take you 3-4 hours.It is a prick of a job but is well worth it.
Products I use are maguiers polish and canubra wax.I do this to my car about twice a year and wash my car every 2 weeks.Cheers.

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
But with wax, you've gotta apply to a small part, let it sit for a while, then 'buff' it out? Rub it heaps..? Something along those lines?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Yep, that's it, let it dry so it's like a haze(depending on the brand 1 minute or so) and just buff it off, then have a soft cloth and run over the whole car once your done....Beuerrrtifull!!!! :thumbsup: :D

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Spyper said:

Someone said 3-4 hours if its done properly...i like ot use ZAINO to do my car(showroom finishes). I can easily spend 16+ hours on the car and still not be satisfied. the time it takes is how much you want to put in, also, try mother earth products for washing, they seem to do the best in my opinion

Z

ZER0

i like to hand wash.... last time i tried to wax it i just wasnt happy with the results so i got a detailer around to do it.. took him about an 1 1/2 hours but it came up with show car shine... its something id rather leave to the pro's.

does any one use one of those electric buffers?

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
if you are going to get a chamois make sure its a good leather one...
as for the car wash places..personally I don't trust the cheap cleaner they use on good paint.
I wouldnt use a high pressure hose on car as I have seen a friend make stone chips heaps bigger with one of those things.
I have used a electric buffer....they make the job a lot quicker - but personally like to be able to 'feel' the wax ...you know, feel when it's non-sticky and feel when the cloth sticks to the dirty spots so you know that you have missed areas or if they need a little more going over.
Just a chamois and dry towelling rag needed for windows to make them non-streaky. Window cleaners leave residue.
Elbow grease is always the best !
:D