Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water in OTR

holeman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hey boys have a prob with my VCM OTR SSV due to the flooding in melb water has entered my otr and in the engine car stalled and didnt start i was going slowly but cars coming the opposite way were spraying a huge amounts of water on my car was very suprised this happend but got it towed home and there was water in my CAI :ranting:
Was wondering insurance will cover me but i need to put my stock airbox in. Now the radiator with the vcm has been slightly pushed back to allow the otr 2 sit nicely i have the 2 rubber pieces that were originally supporting the radiator is it as simply as unscrewing the top 2 screws and pushing the raditor forward and then putting the 2 original rubbers on top of the radiator or more intense.
Thx Mary

Sorry if its vague but ppl with VCM OTR will understand

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
You should be able to just undo the screws and put the radiator back to its original position.

holeman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thx wikky iam sure its easy enough to do and all they have done is tilt the radiator back a fraction so thats all i would need to do

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
I went through some pretty deep water today as well, through Officer and Pakenham. Luckily my VCM OTR didn't suck any water in.

Hopefully the damage isn't too bad. Like wikky said it's a simple job putting the radiator back to it's original position.

holeman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thx also VooDoo there was a fair amount of water in my otr so need to put some water in my stock cai in case they look lol
Thx guys appreciate it heaps was worried is was going to be hard

holeman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thx boys had to go out and see if i can do it and girl power still exists (but we still need you guys lol) very easy 2 do thx boys for the quick responses
Mary

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Your insurance will cover mechanical damage?

I didnt think they paid for things like that. Could be wrong though.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
What collision?

The water from the other car?