Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water in OTR

holeman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi Ricey have tried this morning and keeps stalling i will have to c if one of my brothers friends can take out the plugs and i will try what u have said.
Also what is the damage water can cause what would i need 2 do if insurance doesnt come out for ages thx again guys
Iam thinking there was a fair amount of water due to it being sitting in my otr and filter was damp
Mary

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
usually water in the cylinders pops the head gaskets.... BUT the worst case ive seen of water intake was a broken crank, but that was from someone taking their 4wd swimming in a creek

holeman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Sounds expensive Boonz incase what approx would b the price need my car and rang insurance 2day and said there will try and get out within 3 weeks :-(
Hence y i might fix it

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Hi Ricey have tried this morning and keeps stalling i will have to c if one of my brothers friends can take out the plugs and i will try what u have said.
Also what is the damage water can cause what would i need 2 do if insurance doesnt come out for ages thx again guys
Iam thinking there was a fair amount of water due to it being sitting in my otr and filter was damp
Mary

When we had the floods here in Perth we saw a few cars come in where the engines were locked up tight, wouldnt turn over even with the plugs removed. Worst case you can bend conrods etc because the piston cant compress the water in the cylinder.

If yours is turning over ok you may be lucky.

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
When I put my Gemini in the river it started just fine after being towed out by a nice man in an F250 and never skipped a beat afterwards :)

holeman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
When we had the floods here in Perth we saw a few cars come in where the engines were locked up tight, wouldnt turn over even with the plugs removed. Worst case you can bend conrods etc because the piston cant compress the water in the cylinder.

If yours is turning over ok you may be lucky.
Hey Ricey an approximate price for the worst just in case?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
mate.... worst case would be thousands... basically a new engine.
find out what the isue is first, dont scare yourself with what ifs ;).