Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

water injection

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
you could try and hook a pipe from the intake into the water reserviour, that way the supply is boost referenced and more boost = more water. a windescreen washer pump only supplies water at a constant speed. there is a interesting thread on the CalaisTurbo website in regards to water injection

MACE

Reaction score
With these eaton superchargers you don't want to inject water before the supercharger otherwise the coating on the rotors will strip :(

Not only this, it's very very important that you get a super fine mist otherwise you will lose horsepower because of the tight clearance with these blowers.

If you inject it after the blower then its fine, however you'll most likely need a spacer plate with a spray bar to get proper water distribution.

A plate like this one for example.

COLD AIR INTAKE INSULATOR FOR HOLDEN SUPERCHARGED 6 L67 - eBay Air Filters, Induction Kits, Performance Parts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 09-Apr-09 18:27:29 AEST)

For the M90 blower we'll be releasing re-coted and holled out rotors, which will be water injection safe and weigh less for more power.

We can do custom intercooler plates if people can give us a drawing ;)

Cheers
Steve

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
there really are some benfits to be had when water injection is done properly. it was used succesfully in WWII by allied forces on fighter planes

i like the look of those spacer plates, have you done any testing to see how much differnce there is between your W2A spacers Vs the standard alloy W2A spacer plates? i saw your video demo on you tube for your spacer, certainly can't deny the thermal efficiency (or should that be lack off :p ) ofthe bakerlite products. seeing as heat is a major downside of the PD blower it certainly must have advantages:thumbsup:

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
how long does it take to where through the coating

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS

Cheers
Steve

my yella terra charger looks like a square single plane carbie manifold, it would be easy enough to make an adaptor for one, same design as a carbie spacer i guess. along with some injector rail spacers and bypass valve evtention and longer belt. but then would it hit the bonnet.

MACE

Reaction score
there really are some benfits to be had when water injection is done properly. it was used succesfully in WWII by allied forces on fighter planes

i like the look of those spacer plates, have you done any testing to see how much differnce there is between your W2A spacers Vs the standard alloy W2A spacer plates? i saw your video demo on you tube for your spacer, certainly can't deny the thermal efficiency (or should that be lack off :p ) ofthe bakerlite products. seeing as heat is a major downside of the PD blower it certainly must have advantages:thumbsup:

I agree a 110% that water injection is fantastic, when done properly with the right equipment, tuning etc.

In dependent testing from a company over in WA recorded temp differences of over 20 degrees C So yeah there is a bit of a difference ;)

MACE

Reaction score
my yella terra charger looks like a square single plane carbie manifold, it would be easy enough to make an adaptor for one, same design as a carbie spacer i guess. along with some injector rail spacers and bypass valve evtention and longer belt. but then would it hit the bonnet.

We can make you a cooler plate just need to send us some drawings and thickness requirements.

Another option we'll have for you blower though are modified supercharger rotors which we're very excited about :D Keep your eyes pealed in our sponsor section for more details soon :)

Cheers
Steve

vyjess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
With these eaton superchargers you don't want to inject water before the supercharger otherwise the coating on the rotors will strip :(

Not only this, it's very very important that you get a super fine mist otherwise you will lose horsepower because of the tight clearance with these blowers.

If you inject it after the blower then its fine, however you'll most likely need a spacer plate with a spray bar to get proper water distribution.

A plate like this one for example.

COLD AIR INTAKE INSULATOR FOR HOLDEN SUPERCHARGED 6 L67 - eBay Air Filters, Induction Kits, Performance Parts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 09-Apr-09 18:27:29 AEST)

For the M90 blower we'll be releasing re-coted and holled out rotors, which will be water injection safe and weigh less for more power.

Cheers
Steve

dosent the terra charger inject fuel b4 the blower? if so why dosent the fuel wear the coating off?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Well no matter if they strip or not the extra timing you can get is alot, on Lukes was 17 degrees with no water injection and 24 dergees with it. So that was a big gain in power. No rotor problems there but it was a SC14. Driving through heavy fog wouldn't be all that different to water injection so I'm a bit dubious eaton would make the blowers that crap, maybe if it wasn't a fine mist