Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water leak - driver front door

Kudrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE Wagon
Yes it comes as a sheet and you cut it to fit.

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
The only glitch with the vapour barrier plastic supplied by CarBuilders (and anyone else by the way) is that you will have to 'fashion' the plastic to form the moulded drink holder with the VE doors. It's easy with other vehicles where only a straight seal is needed. I asked CarBuilders about this and their response was they've never done a VE. The actual response was:
"The best approach to this would be to use some excess plastic to create an almost pocket out of it, use tapes or glue to form the shape you are after, We haven't had to do a VE commodore before, so, all I can do is recommend what I've seen done at factory with some newer cars.
I would like others ideas on this issue as I'm yet to do all four doors.

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Update from me on this subject:

I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered 4 new genuine vapour barriers (seals, dust seal, water seal, whatever we want to call them) from Holden. I was surprised they were still available.
Reason why i've gone this way (expense) was because that while the Car Builders stuff is good, it's too damn difficult to get it to fit nicely to the VE doors. As you'll be aware, the Holden ones are 'shaped' (blown) to account for the drink holders etc. I've put heaps of work into cleaning up my car from various water leaks and I want to be sure... Even then, I'm going to add more butyl in a few spots.

Just FYI, the costs of these: Front: $56.00, Back: $29.40 (excl GST). So all up for 4 it's $187.80 (inc GST). It's expensive, yes, of course it is.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Good update.