Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water Leaking Into VX Boot Garnish...plz help!

Thomo

UNLEASH THE LION WITHIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
FAMILY VT & HONDA 04 CRF250
vt doesent have the boot garnish vx berlina/calais

Yes they do what do you think the red reflector with the reverse lights in it is call its call a GARNISH.:yeah: Mine leak when i changed over to the VX one but was fixed by putting the rubber seals on the back the same that the VT has.Just take them off the VT garnish.No leak since.:dance:

Sebastian

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS Commodore
rather than disallowing the water to get in there my idea is to assist the water from draining, a simple way to do this is to simply drill a hole in the bottom of the garnish (as seen when closed) this way the water would drain in to the cavity which the other water does from around the boot crevise. i think this would work but havent had time to do it to my car which is by the way a VT. has anyone tried this and does it work?

Bgrade

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Executive S2
On water leaks, i put CV8 tail lights on my VT series one, they have been there for about a year and i never did notice it before but there is a rather large gap between the top of the lights and body, i took a look at other VT's and VX's and everyone elses seems to be flush.

So took the passenger side light off and tried to move it up but it's the same, is it possible that Monaro tail lights are slighty different in shape to standard VT tail lights? It's like the rubber seal isn't meeting and sealing it from water as i tested it and water runs straight in.

Also the little plastic gromets where you screw the lights in are well worn and dont seem to hold the screws tightly. Like they have been threaded.
If anyone has any ideas apart from silicon, im all ears.

Ps, sorry to hijack a thread.