Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water on Drivers Side Floor.

Onecontrolfreak

Reaction score
Guys,

I have a VR V8 Statesman.....Using Air Conditioning and driving as normal, noticed that there is water building up on the floor where brake/accelerator pedals are.

Assuming this is an issue with the A/C or something else.

If it is A/C, a little worried it is remove the dash time!!

Cheers

Jamie

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The drain is blocked . Dont know were it is on the VR but look for the 2 little drains get some wire into it from under the car (Jack stands) Around Tranny

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Yep, near the transmission, under the car. I normally go in the passenger side. Just need to jack the left front side, normally enough for me to get under and find the drain. You should always use a cable tie, wire can damage the tube. You may have a wire insert that you will have to remove to unblock it, although mine never existed. Its in a bit of an awkward position, but once you find it, it shouldnt take too long to clear. The picture in the link (thanks to hako) is a real help, VR only has one though. Word of warning, there will be a lot of water coming out, so be ready to retreat in a moments notice.

Make sure you do it really soon though. Mine leaked recently, about maybe 3 or so times before I got around to fixing it. There wasnt much water, and it dried up so I wasnt too worried about it. A few weeks later was doing some work around the drivers side, and lifted the carpet to run some wiring. The underlay was still very moist. I left the underlay lifted up, so that it would dry. After 2 days, it was still moist, and I used a hot air gun to dry the last bit. It probably wouldnt go mouldy, but it wasnt a very nice smell.

Onecontrolfreak

Reaction score
Air Conditioning Woes.

Guys,

Thanks again for the replies....

Will attempt it when it gets daylight outside!

Will let you know...

Thanks

Jamie

:wax:

Onecontrolfreak

Reaction score
Hi again,

Looked underneath yesterday, for the life of me could not find it.

Will try again tonight to see if I can locate it.

I am guessing it is on the passenger side, undernearth the car, near the top of the transmission?

Thanks

Jamie

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Keep looking mate, sounds like youre in the right spot. I would try and describe its location some more, but could get you more confused.

BlackCougar

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VR Commodore Manual
My problem is similar.
My car was in the backyard for a while, it had been pouring down all day, opened up the car (None of the windows were down) and there was a small puddle on the passenger side floor, anyone know were it could be coming from?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Your problem is going to be different BlackCougar. I would be going for a leak somewhere. I would get a mate to hose the car all around the bottom of windscreen area while you look around inside for leaks. Maybe around passenger door area too.

BlackCougar

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VR Commodore Manual
Cheers man, will have a look.
Most of the old commodores leak water into the boot when you lift the boot up do they? I don't want to put a sound system in there to open my boot after it raining and have water go all over it, what can I do to stop this as well?