Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water Pump for VZ

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
also on the thermostat, expect a $900 bill for a mechanic to change, or 4-5 hours to complete yourself

VZ05LUM

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ LUMINA
Did the job today changed the water pump with a genuine form Holden, change the drive belt and brought 5 litre of coolant. All done and fine now.

sirjolly18

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 holden VZ v6 ute.
On my 04 vz v6 the water pump is the last part to give up. I have dont the radiator, rear thermostat and housing, all rubber hoses, new coolant, new O rings. Now in the winter months the water pump bearing is starting to go. I can hear it and coolant is seeping out. I got the protex brand from supercheap. i have used before on a VS v6 ute. few years on with that car and no worries.
the vz pump from supercheap cost me $86 and one day delivery.

if the thermostat isn't leaking i recommend don't try putting in a 10 degree cooler thermostat in. its a **** job to work on. (very time consuming, hard to reach)

Jack.vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden executive Vz 2005
how do I change the water pump?

John Smith 068

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ commodore wagon
Hi All,

Just found that I need to replace the water pump on my VZ 05 V6.
Was wondering if it's worth buying a non-GMH water pumps from Repco, Bursons, or Supercheap.

The prices which I got was.
Holden - $165.00
Repco - $95.00 or $115.00
Bursons - $115.00
Ebay GMB - $65.00

When I'm changing the water pump is their anything else I need to change - pulleys, belts ?
Thanks, Can someone tell me in which country the genuine GM water pump be made in?
Hi I’m doing up a vz wagon all the gmh parts I get are all made in Mexico hope that helps. I also asked my mechanic about the after market ones and he said they’re fine he puts them in his own car. No difference at all he said. John.