Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water pump gone?

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE, HT MONARO REBUILD
Hey guys was working on my ute getting rid of a rattle in the passengers side door when I noticed some drops of coolant on the ground, I took the car for a quick drive round the block to see if anything was wrong and it warmed up fine and thermostat opened up fine all was good. Pulled into the drive way turned it off and looked under the car and now it had started dropping fluid a fair bit and looked up under the engine and the passenger side of the front of the motor was covered in coolant all from water pump down.

Is this a broken pump and seal or something else?
many help would be great as I use my ute everyday for work.
Cheers Luke.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Sounds like the W/pump seal is gone.
Replacement pump needed if it is leaking.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Holden is the dearest so just go to SuperCheap/Repco etc and you'll get one anywhere from $50 to $70. Make sure you get the correct one as series 1 VS is different to series 2 VS although there is a pump that comes with a spacer so it fits both series....but double check!. Takes about an hour to fit as it is very straight forward.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
All Water Pumps From VN to VY are the same buddy, they have a Special spacer plate included depending on what pully you have but as mentioned check the box !. Best to replace it quick before it looks like this and goes flying down the freeway lol

Screen%20Shot%202012-04-25%20at%206.41.44%20PM.png

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Well if your going to replace it, Check all your hose and heater tap. Id replace the heater tap if you dont know when it was replaced, its another very comon failure.