Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Waterless engine coolant

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Last night saw an Australian TV program and they were promoting a waterless engine coolant.
Has anyone heard of this product and do the know if it would be suited the the Commodores.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Still subject to leaks and cant top up with demineralised water etc

Checked out prices, and seem really expensive, almost double for current

Remember, commodores take i think 13litres, from the prices i seen, is about $100 per 5litres. Was a quick google search and prices given was Euro.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I saw it too and was wondering the same thing. Evans Waterless Coolant and it was shown on Restoring Dreams.

Their sales pitch made it sound pretty good. Particularly the aspect of vapour in normal coolant/water mix and how it reduces the heat transfer capacity.

I've done a bit of goggling around. There is a bit if chat about it on international threads, classic/vintage guys in the states, TVR guys in the UK etc with mixed views. A Holden racing team in the UK seem to think it is good. I haven't come across anything in Aus yet though.

EDIT: Just saw uniacidz post. Prices in ebay aus are $94 for 3.77 litres of coolant and $83 for 3.77 litres of the prep fluid which you need to run through your system before filling with the coolant. On that basis, they can keep their coolant and I will keep my hard earned.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Come on now, $83 for 3.7 litres is nothing when it comes to the cooling system. I bet most would spend $200 on non important stuff.