Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

We will beat any comparable service by 10%.

BOMB-A-DORE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 commodore & VE SV6 Ute.
I dunno, sometimes they are good for a laugh. I mean, I am fairly bored at work today.

We seem to have a consortium of " slayer's of intelligent threads " on this forum...being bored at work...you will never have " a cradle to the grave " position with your employer.....give up fella's and give a bloke a fair go....understand.!!!!!!

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Is this in the wrong section? Should I move it to the joke section?

Thanks for the laughs on a Friday arvo :)

It's right up there on the entertainment stakes , with my dads funeral . :unsure:

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
...being bored at work...

i dont really get bored at work. i have a very good reason for being on JC so much:

you see, im pretty good at my job, so far i havnt found a mechanic that can perform tasks as fast as i can, but the problem is i dont want to perform the tasks at full speed, or my workmates will take that speed as "the norm" and expect me to do it all the time. so instead i take lots of unnecessary breaks to make it seem like the job im doing is taking longer than it really is.

it has this added bonus of those times when you actually go full speed and do a timing belt swap in an hour (for example) people be all like: "woah"

i hope you hav enjoyed my cool-story for the day.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
What a load of " bull dust " that Holden are advertising at the moment.....10% discount.....read the fine print.

Holden dealers will beat any comparable quote for the first six standard scheduled handbook services by 10%.

Does not include capped price servicing.....vehicles under capped price serving are excluded.

Quoted service provider must be within 10kms of the Holden Dealership....my nearest GMH is 110km in one town and in the other town 150kms away.

The price guarantee from the other provider must include a printed quote on their letterhead...the printed quote must include all aspects of the Holden standard schedule service and must include Holden approved parts and all lubrication.

You must present the Holden dealer with your quote prior to or at the time of booking of your service for the 10% discount to apply.

The quote must be dated no more than 2 weeks prior to the service date.

ANY LAWYERS ON HERE TO SORT THIS MESS OUT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are too daft to figure it out yourself? They will beat any equivalent service in their area by 10%. Not that ####ing hard to figure out. Which bit is "bull dust"??

Ah well each to their own nitty gritty comments.....but if you play by the rule book...you will not have any problems with servicing....it was an add across the top of this forum...and not from Harvey Norman taking over the servicing as a franchise.!!!!!

The windscreen wiper recall....I Quote " If any issues are encountered with the windscreen wipers and is unsafe to drive to your local dealer please ring Holden Assist blah blah. WE WILL HAPPILY ARRANGE FOR YOUR VEHICLE TO BE TOWED TO YOUR PREFERRED DEALER AT NO CHARGE TO YOU " end of quote....now does it have to be raining on that day or can it be shipped on a sunny day to either dealership at 100 kms or 150kms away.

How ####ing hard is it to work out??? If you don't think it's safe to transport the car to the dealer, ring Holden and the'll do it for you :bang:.

You are the " Brains Trust "....sort this one out for me....maybe a Royal Commission in the high court against GMH for outlandish statements....and/or may be Holden are not aware that they have clients in the bush only clients in the polluted concrete jungle. ?

My tip of the day. It doesn't take a "brains trust" to work it out. Matter of fact, if you can't, I'd suggest you are "####ing stupid".

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
What a load of " bull dust " that Holden are advertising at the moment.....10% discount.....read the fine print.

Holden dealers will beat any comparable quote for the first six standard scheduled handbook services by 10%.

Does not include capped price servicing.....vehicles under capped price serving are excluded.

Quoted service provider must be within 10kms of the Holden Dealership....my nearest GMH is 110km in one town and in the other town 150kms away.

The price guarantee from the other provider must include a printed quote on their letterhead...the printed quote must include all aspects of the Holden standard schedule service and must include Holden approved parts and all lubrication.

You must present the Holden dealer with your quote prior to or at the time of booking of your service for the 10% discount to apply.

The quote must be dated no more than 2 weeks prior to the service date.

ANY LAWYERS ON HERE TO SORT THIS MESS OUT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn! Where are Woody and Buzz when you need them?

BOMB-A-DORE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
You are too daft to figure it out yourself? They will beat any equivalent service in their area by 10%. Not that ####ing hard to figure out. Which bit is "bull dust"??

How ####ing hard is it to work out??? If you don't think it's safe to transport the car to the dealer, ring Holden and the'll do it for you :bang:.

My tip of the day. It doesn't take a "brains trust" to work it out. Matter of fact, if you can't, I'd suggest you are "####ing stupid".

I did ask that you give me a fair go...your language is disgusting....and is deplorable and not befitting of a person with an intelligent reply...I would liken it to you know what...please keep your comments to yourself and not show your limited mentality here please...now back to the subject blah blah etc etc.

BOMB-A-DORE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
i dont really get bored at work. i have a very good reason for being on JC so much:

you see, im pretty good at my job, so far i havnt found a mechanic that can perform tasks as fast as i can, but the problem is i dont want to perform the tasks at full speed, or my workmates will take that speed as "the norm" and expect me to do it all the time. so instead i take lots of unnecessary breaks to make it seem like the job im doing is taking longer than it really is.

it has this added bonus of those times when you actually go full speed and do a timing belt swap in an hour (for example) people be all like: "woah"

i hope you hav enjoyed my cool-story for the day.

Bo-bo.!

Take care and we will talk again.

Last edited:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I can change a timing belt in half an hour not 1 hour as quoted...you see the VY book had a diagram of the configuration....the VF SV6 does not have the configuration of it in the book...so you take a pickie of it after you remove the intake to the manifold....and bingo...half an hour at the most...cheap as chips...not the inflated price that you would charge....and I am no mechanic just a level headed bloke...with a sense of responsibility for customer care.

Take care and we will talk again.

You say that you can change a VY timing belt in 30 minutes? Well the VY has no timing belt. It has a timing chain, and if you can change that in 30 minutes, you deserve a bloody medal. If on the other hand, you are referring to the serpentine belt, you are very slow. Since I can take mine off and put it back on in under 2 minutes.