Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

We will beat any comparable service by 10%.

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
At 4000kms I had a battery failure on the VF SV6...rang the dealership 150kms away....where I bought the car....I said would you authorise a replacement battery from Repco.if the NRMA indicates it is a total failure....Answer " DEFINETLY NOT "....we will have to check the battery and send it off GMH for a warranty claim....get the NRMA to get the vehicle started and bring car over here..." Batteries & Globes are covered by Warranty for 12 months. " The NRMA checked the battery...and I found I was leaving the interior light on. !@#$%^&.

Confused ????? so am I....they also indicated that if for any reason you have to have an emergency repair done by a qualified mechanic and is not practical for you to take it GMH for repairs...costs would be billed against the GMH dealership via the mechanic...and you have to take the car to the dealership as soon as possible for inspection of the service carried out.

Confused ????? so am I....I think the Warranty Handbook was not PROOF READ before publication. :bomb: :bomb::bomb:

you sound like that jingle balls bloke that cried and whinged in almost the exact same manner as you are now... no offence just an observation..

is that you santa??

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
At 4000kms I had a battery failure on the VF SV6...rang the dealership 150kms away....where I bought the car....I said would you authorise a replacement battery from Repco.if the NRMA indicates it is a total failure....Answer " DEFINETLY NOT "....we will have to check the battery and send it off GMH for a warranty claim....get the NRMA to get the vehicle started and bring car over here..." Batteries & Globes are covered by Warranty for 12 months. " The NRMA checked the battery...and I found I was leaving the interior light on. !@#$%^&.

Confused ????? so am I....they also indicated that if for any reason you have to have an emergency repair done by a qualified mechanic and is not practical for you to take it GMH for repairs...costs would be billed against the GMH dealership via the mechanic...and you have to take the car to the dealership as soon as possible for inspection of the service carried out.

Confused ????? so am I....I think the Warranty Handbook was not PROOF READ before publication. :bomb: :bomb::bomb:

Does the above make sense to any one else? Are you saying the NRMA stated you were leaving the interior light on? It says "I found I was leaving the interior light on..."
All warranty claims have to go back to the OEM.
"Emergency" repairs will generally be honoured if carried out by a non-Holden qualified mechanic if proven to be warranted.
A flat battery is not an "Emergency" repair if a jump start can get you going...
"Proof Read", I would say it would have been thoroughly reread by numerous legal persons etc, not the first warranty document GMH or GM have ever published.

you sound like that jingle balls bloke that cried and whinged in almost the exact same manner as you are now... no offence just an observation..

is that you santa??

Good question, are you banned member Jingle Bells rejoined?
Bit strange how you have the same car, same manner of posting, same mesh installed in the front of your car, live in the same part of the country, bag out members who mod their cars all the same as Jingle Bells.. You also joined about a week or two after he was banned. Have a feeling rejoining under another name might be against the forum rules.

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Confused ????? so am I....

I'm not confused what so ever. Holden want to check out the claim for themselves and then if it's valid, diagnose the source and correct the problem. Flat battery could be the symptom of a multitude of problems - eg leaving the interior light on :bang:. Your idiot diagnosis would have been wrong and leaving Holden out of pocket for a battery only for it to probably do the same thing down the track.

they also indicated that if for any reason you have to have an emergency repair done by a qualified mechanic and is not practical for you to take it GMH for repairs...costs would be billed against the GMH dealership via the mechanic...and you have to take the car to the dealership as soon as possible for inspection of the service carried out.

Probably. Would need to read the document for context but I'm sure you are in the minority of people who can't work it out.

Confused ????? so am I....I think the Warranty Handbook was not PROOF READ before publication.

Once again, nope, and I am certain the warranty handbook has been proof read and legaled many times before it was printed ;)

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
This thread is still going?! LOL!

1344112524740_4390422.png

BOMB-A-DORE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 commodore & VE SV6 Ute.

is that you santa??

Who is this jingle balls (alias santa ) never heard of him, only joined last month, there are a lot of santa's around at xmas time with sleighs ( VF SV6's ) and have the same xmas presents and if his lips are moving whilst asking you have you been a good boy....you then lied and cried....sorry twas not me......

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Other repairer claims are few and far between and are emergency, not "I'm an idiot who ran his battery flat and can't be ####ed going to the dealership".

BOMB-A-DORE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 commodore & VE SV6 Ute.
Other repairer claims are few and far between and are emergency, not "I'm an idiot who ran his battery flat and can't be ####ed going to the dealership".

Give up will you, you do not comprehend.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Give up will you, you do not comprehend.

Posters in this thread who appear to comprehend least: BOMB-A-DORE
Basic understanding (or greater) of written English: Everybody else.