Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WEBERS & VK'S

SLIPPERY PIZZA

Reaction score
Hi, I Have Read A Lot On This Site & Others Re The Above Subject.
Questions Arise:-
1/. Has Anybody Done The Figures Before And After Weber.ie. L/100 Kms.???
2/.some Have Just Said Great Runs Better , More Power Etc ,in My Day Of Fj's Eh's Etc More Power Meant More Fuel, Maybe Technology Has Changed??
3/.regarding Dumping The Est. System (it May Have It's Problems,however Not That I Have Had Cause To Complain), Gmh. Claimed It Upped The Power & Most Of The Old Mechanics That Did Their Apprenticeships On These Models Have Said The Same . I Think There Is A Difference With Driving One That Has Been Changed To The Blue Dizzy. Surely With A Bit Of Thought The T.p.s. (throttle Position Switch) (not The Secondary Venturi Switch As Someone Called It) Could Be Mounted On The Weber So That A Part Of The Linkage Turns It On & Off -that's It's Only Function - On /off Sent To The Ecu. The Ecu & Est. System Also Ups The Idle When The Air Con.is Engaged. No One Has Mentoned This Point What Do You Do After The Weber Is On-turn Up The Idle To Compensate For The Times When The A/con Is On Or Fit The A/con Solenoid Setup From A Vh To Stop The Car From Stalling At The Lights When You Hit The A/con???
4/.last Point( Thank God Says Everyone) I Would Love To Know The Correct Jet Sizes Etc. For The Weber Before Fittng A 4.1 (ford)
Carby To A 3.3 (weber Usa. Has A Very Helpful Web Site ,full Jet Kit For 32/36 $49us.) If Anyone Is With Me On This Jet Size Question You Will Notice On The Site One Very Important Question About Where You Intend To Use The Vehicle, Climate Etc Etc -remember When We Imported All The British &the Early Jap,& Ford Cars My Uncle Made A Fortune Changing All The Carby Jets For Our Climate
So My Point Here Is That I Live In Nq. Not Tas. So The Jet Issue Is Important. I Wonder How Many Of Our Young Diy. Mechanics Are Aware Of This.
Any Way I Am Finally Finished -if Anyone Has Done The Figures Post It As I Need Convincing Before Making The Change.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Hi,
Im in the process of getting together the bits for a webber conversion to a VK in the coming months.

I will be running an Electronic Dizzy due to simplicity & ability to adjust timing.

You can get the dizzy re-graphed which can help performance & economy.

On the Black 202 motor that I just built I opened up the exhaust ports alot and cleaned up the intake ports a little bit, compared to an unmodified version of the car fuel consuption was pretty much the same when driven in the same manour. The problem is the new motor will pull 5500RPM very easily where as the standard would be luck to get to 4000RPM so as higher revs are reached fuel consuption does go up.

I have the aircon problem on the way to being solved in the car I will be running the webber on, It will be running an M20 4 speed eventually, The particular gearbox I will be running has a 1st gear switch on it. I plan to somehow use that to hopefully increase the revs, not sure how yet I will see when I come closer to the problem.

The motor I will be placing the webber on isnt a standard 202 it has been slightly warmed, small amount of head work and a mild cam, I am hoping the jet sizes will be ok in the webber I get, if not I will end up getting a carbie place to do it.

You may wish to consider an EFI conversion on the car, written of EFI VKs can be purchased for around the $300 mark, a conversion is pretty straight forward if you have all the bits on a doner car.

cheers
Scott

R

Rallyguy

Unless your Varajet is utterly stuffed leave it on. There's not a lot in it between a good Varajet and the Weber. The electronic dizzy out of a VH however is something worth getting. Have it graphed to suit any engine mods too, a small expense that pays for itself in no time. I had my vacuum advance locked off, static advance set to 12 deg, mechanical kicks in @ 1500 RPM and max mechanical advance of 42 deg (inc static) @ 3800 RPM.... sweeet!

Cheers

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I just rebuilt a varajet cost $28 for the kit about 25min to build it then another 30min to workout how to set it up :)

I have been given a weber from an XF falcon to run on the car all I need is an adapter plate and im sweet. I have done a measure up on the ports I cant see very much for a gain except in the way the seconary opens up.

The car I plan to do the weber conversion on has a mild cam with a fair amount of porting on the head, since the mods it developed a flat spot mid range under hard acceleration, no matter how much time I have spent on the carbe it wont go away.I have been thinking a weber might help.