Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weird Stuff in Radiator

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
hey all
was just checking the oil and coolant on my car when i noticed this weird stuff around the radiator... it looks like cold, congealed oil (like olive oil after youve cooked chips in it and its gone cold)... it also looks like its been leaking some coolant from the cap as well... anybody know what it is??? IMG_0036.jpgIMG_0037.jpg

whitevrboi

Just another white vr.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
I had a similar thing a while ago, cant remember what it was though...oil? not sure.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
yeah at first i thought it might be oil but then i dont know why it would congeal like that... unless its cause its sitting in the water... i just wanna make sure its not the headgasket

vs commo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Could be transmission fliud mixed with a corrosive build up of rust.it could also be a build up of rubbish thats been dislodged from sumwhere.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
yeah i figured it could be just be some junk thats been cleaned up... ill see if it gets any worse

vs commo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
if its been a while since u changed the coolant then id be dumping the coolant and reverse flushing the system but before u dump it put sum radiator flush and a small amount of low foaming degreaser and run ur car for an hour then dump it while its hot.that will get rid of any garbage

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
im pretty sure the mechanic changed the coolant last service which was only about a month ago... it was done about 6 months ago as well so its not that old... might flush it anyway

bulldog79

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais .vs commodore
i have just been threw this it turned out to be the inlet manifold gasket was rooted

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
i have just been threw this it turned out to be the inlet manifold gasket was rooted
ok ill get the mechanic to check it tomorrow... how much did it cost you??

bulldog79

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais .vs commodore
i got a few prices around the $400 but i got the gaskets for $80 and done it my self