Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Well, the VF has gone - sold. So now for the completely different experience of the Golf R.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Thanks for all the discussion and sharing of knowledge on this forum the last 3 years.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Enjoy the new ride! I know I love my pocket rocket.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Feel free to put up a thread on it. Lot of people on this forum either don't own commodores any more or have other brand to. JC isn't really brand exclusive.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
'Wiedersehen!:D

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I'd be happy to hear about the "R", I was tossing up between one of them and the Redline. At the end of the day I still wanted an 8, but the R might be next.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I've got the DSG auto 6 spd Golf R mk 7. The car really rips it straight out of the box.
Leaving it in drive the car tries to stay below 3k rpm and is quite economical. Put it in sport or manual mode and its alive. Always on boost in sport as it keeps revs above 3k and the DSG seemlessly pounds through the gears on acceleration.
I love taking it through corners at speeds which feel like it should be game over but the car just hangs in there with no problems.
The launch control is easy to engage and you feel the car squat down and just fly off the line. It's addictively good fun.
The motor is very easy to unlock more power out of - a simple tune will see you shave a full second off of 0-100 times and with a down pipe, intake and exhaust you'll see another half second gain. Just over 3 seconds to 100km/h for about $5k all in.
In terms of comfort, I'm a big dude (193cm and 120kg) and the front seats hold me very comfortably with plenty of head room. I've got a mate whose an even bigger guy (198cm and 125kg) and he was surprised at how comfy he fit in the car. He's got a VE wagon and I came from a VF SS wagon and we both agree that nothing is lost in terms of ergonomics for us.
Can't rate the car highly enough for an easy to drive city car that let's you have some fun on a twisty mountain road. With this and the GTS in my garage I've got the best of both worlds.

LS3SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline A6
My previous ride was a mk6 gti with plenty of mods, loved that car! Inherited the VF2 Redline due to my brother's passing; so has become priceless to me, plus lovin the blown 8! My lucky son ended up with the gti

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I've got the DSG auto 6 spd Golf R mk 7. The car really rips it straight out of the box.
Leaving it in drive the car tries to stay below 3k rpm and is quite economical. Put it in sport or manual mode and its alive. Always on boost in sport as it keeps revs above 3k and the DSG seemlessly pounds through the gears on acceleration.
I love taking it through corners at speeds which feel like it should be game over but the car just hangs in there with no problems.
The launch control is easy to engage and you feel the car squat down and just fly off the line. It's addictively good fun.
The motor is very easy to unlock more power out of - a simple tune will see you shave a full second off of 0-100 times and with a down pipe, intake and exhaust you'll see another half second gain. Just over 3 seconds to 100km/h for about $5k all in.
In terms of comfort, I'm a big dude (193cm and 120kg) and the front seats hold me very comfortably with plenty of head room. I've got a mate whose an even bigger guy (198cm and 125kg) and he was surprised at how comfy he fit in the car. He's got a VE wagon and I came from a VF SS wagon and we both agree that nothing is lost in terms of ergonomics for us.
Can't rate the car highly enough for an easy to drive city car that let's you have some fun on a twisty mountain road. With this and the GTS in my garage I've got the best of both worlds.
Sound like you are a salesman!:D
4wd, mini car 0-100 mid 3s with APR Stage II plus all the work (FBO), still low 12s 0-400m. Great little go-kart for back streets but can't compare to a 5m interstate sports sedan?! Unless of course your driving is racing at traffic lights maybe 1m ahead momentarily to 200m hard to keep up =>400m.