Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH statesman interior in a VZ Clubby???

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
The Rear Seat will be TOO SMALL for the clubsport.

I have a WH Statesman rear seat in my VN, and it is about an inch short on each side to the doors. In a VZ Clubby it would be even worse as they are wider.

Check the picture you posted, in the WH, the trim behind the door comes in to the seat, so the seats don't need to be as wide. They don't go all the way to the doors. This is why it is smaller than a stock VN-VS rear seat, let alone a VT-VZ.

whstatesmanrearseatny0.jpg

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
oh ok...can anyone else confirm this? not to say you are wrong mate...just wanna be sure?

joebloggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe
Yes they will fit. The door trims are the same size. Your only problem will be the rear seat with the seatbelts. Standard sedan the belts come from the c pillar. The Wh has the belts attached to the rear parcel shelf and the belt comes through the seat itself, not from the pillar, otherwise you have a 4 inch hole in each side, which requires retimming.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes they will fit. The door trims are the same size. Your only problem will be the rear seat with the seatbelts. Standard sedan the belts come from the c pillar. The Wh has the belts attached to the rear parcel shelf and the belt comes through the seat itself, not from the pillar, otherwise you have a 4 inch hole in each side, which requires retimming.

The size of the door trims has nothing to do with it. The seat doesn't come to the doors, it meets trim behind the rear doors (because its LWB not SWB). Just look at the photo.

Ruredi, take the back section of the WH seat out and place it on top of the VZ back section and you will see what I mean.

joebloggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe
What you have circled is a trim piece that attaches to the side, its not a part of the seat. The wh rear reats sits further back than a normal sedan, but it fits in the same place as a standard seat.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
the piece circled above, i believe, is attached to the inner panel, not the seat. i think the seats will fit, door trims too, but that circled piece has no home in the SWB cars as there is no gap between the edge of the rear door and the seat cushion, as in the Stato's and Caprices...

CC

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
What you have circled is a trim piece that attaches to the side, its not a part of the seat. The wh rear reats sits further back than a normal sedan, but it fits in the same place as a standard seat.

lol no joke.

The seat is smaller, due to that trim peice as it does not need to reach the sides of the vehicles.

A WH Statesman seat is smaller than a VN-VS rear seat, and is smaller than the rear seat in my dads VT. Im pretty sure a VZ would have the same size seat as a VT...

I have put a WH statesman seat back to back against both of the above, and it IS smaller.

joebloggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe
The trim piece is the extra wheelbase length between a standard sedan and a long wheelbase sedan. Like I said it has nothing to do with the seats. In a vr/vs statesman, the edge of the rear seat fits into this gap, I know because i have a statesman interior in my exec.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
lol...i guess I'll just have to try and see for myself.

Cheers, Joe

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
The trim piece is the extra wheelbase length between a standard sedan and a long wheelbase sedan. Like I said it has nothing to do with the seats. In a vr/vs statesman, the edge of the rear seat fits into this gap, I know because i have a statesman interior in my exec.

..Then post a picture of the WH seat in the back of your VT exec to show it fits perfect?