Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wh stato 5lt ????

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Become the crazy WH cat guy.

That as a project to bolt in the motor etc, then have a series of 30 cats bolted to each other with mufflers in between to make noise and emissions targets, then get the down spec VT stuff to talk to the various up spec components of the WH BCM should take around 23 years off your life span from stress.

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice v8 vq v8 vs ss man
Big shout out to all those who have responded
And an even bigger shout out to those who's dyslexia got in the way and didn't comprehend the original post and just assumed i had any intention to attempt to get it registered or even engineered and just got on with posting unrelated replies to the actual question being asked

But if I did I could easily register it with the original engine number and just not tell motor reg or even better put it down and a V6 for cheaper rego

Or if I wanted to get real creative I could break out the star rivets And a tube of window adhesive
pick up some farm fresh Id tags from a VT sedan and mash it all together
Cause when sapol run the plates it comes up as a Holden sedan and most of them couldn't tell the difference between a VT vx and a wh if some one showed them

So in conclusion if there is some one out there that actually understands how the BCM and ecu are linked and knows if it is possible to link them together please do let me know

As for the rest of you mouth breathers Reddit is that way go argue with meal team six about who's got the better Ukraine selfies

Attachments

• IMG_20220707_145706.jpg
    IMG_20220707_145706.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 59

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
And an even bigger shout out to those who's dyslexia got in the way and didn't comprehend the original post and just assumed i had any intention to attempt to get it registered or even engineered and just got on with posting unrelated replies to the actual question being asked

But if I did I could easily register it with the original engine number and just not tell motor reg or even better put it down and a V6 for cheaper rego

Or if I wanted to get real creative I could break out the star rivets And a tube of window adhesive
Cause when sapol run the plates it comes up as a Holden sedan and most of them couldn't tell the difference between a VT vx and a wh if some one showed them

So in conclusion if there is some one out there that actually understands how the BCM and ecu are linked and knows if it is possible to link them together please do let me know

As for the rest of you mouth breathers Reddit is that way go argue with meal team six about who's got the better Ukraine selfies

Dyslexia and comprehension have nothing to do with it.

And dodging up VINs, rego etc ? Great idea.

What a cockhead.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

To answer your original question.....Anything is possible....It's a case of how deep are your pockets and who can do it....Unfortunately I don't know who can do it, so I guess you might have to do it yourself and post up for everyone else to see how you went about it....

Win win situation is how I then see it....

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

Gee whizz bloke. That’s a douche response when there’s plenty of solid and experienced answers there. You didn’t get the answers you wanted to hear, but they were answers you needed to hear. Don’t be a dick.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Someguy already answered your question (below). Statistically no one goes to the effort of putting a V8 from a completely different car into a Statesman to use it as a bush basher and your no exception.

Rather than accept the fact that you can’t put it on the road you go all Greta Thunberg with the “how dare you’s”.

I’m sure I speak for most people on here when I say that we aren’t here to advise you on how to break the law. Informing of the actual situation regarding the proposed engine swap rather than leading you down an garden path is the correct thing to do.

I’m sure that if we had only advised you on how to do the job only for you to get to the other end of doing it and finding out you cant register the car would leave you pissed off at everyone on here!

In regards to the OP's original question no the old 64kb PCM from the VS won't talk to the WH BCM or loom etc it would probably have to be some sort of custom job, maybe easier trying to adapt the VS III stato BCM to a WH as they have similar levels of trim etc.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Lol a lot to unpack in that response......Does anyone think old mate doesn't know what dyslexia is?

Yes, you could very well could keep it registered as a V6 and not tell the motor reg, but when you hit someone and have no insurance your going to be dropping the soap for a while if you can't pay for that $100k beemer you smashed up let alone the millions of $$ if you injured someone without valid CTP.

If you were the gronk that hit me with an uninsured car because you purposely wanted to rort the rego system I'd do everything in my power by law to make sure you have a very uncomfortable rest of your existence.

I already answered your question putting aside all the rego stuff, but you seem too distracted in telling people why they are wrong about the law.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not to mention different coms between sensors that won’t exist and operating coms that speak different languages (for want of a better term). Then add the complexity of getting a low spec blended with a high spec system.

It’s not like it was in pre-sensor equipped Commodores and other Holdens.

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice v8 vq v8 vs ss man
To answer your original question.....Anything is possible....It's a case of how deep are your pockets and who can do it....Unfortunately I don't know who can do it, so I guess you might have to do it yourself and post up for everyone else to see how you went about it....

Win win situation is how I then see it....
Yeah with enough crash bash and money just about anything Is possible figured some one may know or has used an LS loom into a VT S1 and made the BCM and ecu talk figure if it works one way should work the other way