Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wh stato 5lt ????

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice v8 vq v8 vs ss man
Maybe you could repin the wh interior plug to the vt plug? Then just leave the wh wiring as is?
I doubt it would need to be re pinned I'd think that a VT V6 engine loom and wh V6 loom would have the same pin out for the 3 plugs on the driver's side behind the brake booster so in theory the vt 5lt should be the same but not necessarily

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I doubt it would need to be re pinned I'd think that a VT V6 engine loom and wh V6 loom would have the same pin out for the 3 plugs on the driver's side behind the brake booster so in theory the vt 5lt should be the same but not necessarily
I thought you were talking Ls engines coming out?
I think they are different? Interior maybe the same, as in plugs ?

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maybe thats possible.
I've seen the Ls wiring for speedos on 6L80 conversion. Seems the same as a v6. So maybe the 5 ltre is the same? Maybe its doable?
We'll I'd be using the standard VT 4l60e so should be the same Speedo signal as a V6 4l60e Or LS1 4l60e can't see them changing the signal for the same trans

Reactions: Lex

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
I thought you were talking Ls engines coming out?
I think they are different? Interior maybe the same, as in plugs ?
Ah ok I would have thought the body loom to engine loom would be the same plugs and pin outs wouldn't make sense to have different body looms to suit each engine have 3 different ones in wh
Stato to caprice definitely way more crap in a caprice

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ah ok I would have thought the body loom to engine loom would be the same plugs and pin outs wouldn't make sense to have different body looms to suit each engine have 3 different ones in wh
Stato to caprice definitely way more crap in a caprice
Be nice if it was? Make the lot easier?

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
Be nice if it was? Make the lot easier?
Oh yeah it would be very nice
But hey there is a good starting point
If the body to engine loom pin outs are the same the next question is the can bus signal the same for VT s1 and wh S1 (don't think it's called can bus in VT)
If I recall the vx pcm and can bus signal ect is completely different and the wh S1 is vx based so I know it won't work

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
If the body to engine loom pin outs are the same the next question is the can bus signal the same for VT s1 and wh S1 (don't think it's called can bus in VT)
If I recall the vx pcm and can bus signal ect is completely different and the wh S1 is vx based so I know it won't work
There are wh that came with the v6.
I think its called a data bus on the vt v6.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
The Ls v8 is completely different to v6 & 5 litre v8 & 5 litre is different again to the v6.
3 different engines & 3 different control system.

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
We'll if that's the case then chances are it won't work with out a metric **** load of rooting around so I'm then stuck with changing the dash body loom to what will work or cutting it down to a more or less stand alone engine loom with the OBD2 port and an after market obd2 dash cluster
happy to have a straight forwards answer to fairly simple question honestly I would have thought they would have made the system a bit simpler ie low level loom and BCM mid power pack mid Lux pack
Lux Calais stato and caprice and had them plug and play with what ever engine trans combo
Thanks Lex