Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What AMP should i run

RayRay07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Executive
hi,
i just purchased a 12" Kenwood sub in the standard kenwood sealed box, the sub is 1200W peak, 400W rated, impedance 4 ohms. im just looking for the best amp to run it on, nothing to expensive tho.

thanks

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
hi,
i just purchased a 12" Kenwood sub in the standard kenwood sealed box, the sub is 1200W peak, 400W rated, impedance 4 ohms. im just looking for the best amp to run it on, nothing to expensive tho.

thanks

I cant suggest anything but ideally you need something that makes ~400wrms @4Ohm. shouldnt be too hard to source something

V

VP CALIBER

so your sub power can handel 400w all day so you need ..??? hang on are you gonna run speakers of a chennel what you gonna do first ???? if its just 1 sub 600w amp any brand get a 2 ch amp tell us more thanks you need to wake the sub up with more power so if you got 100w sub you need 150w to 200 w amp

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
pretty much match your subs output to the amps output. so vn6pwr is right. also being a sub it goes without saying get a monoblock

RayRay07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Executive
thanks for the input.
yer, im just running the sub off the AMp, so it will be a monoblock im after.
any particular brands? obviously not goin to get the no brand crap off ebay.

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
thanks for the input.
yer, im just running the sub off the AMp, so it will be a monoblock im after.
any particular brands? obviously not goin to get the no brand crap off ebay.

Any particular budget you have?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
You don't have to use a monoblock... A 2 channel bridged will work just as well, will be cheaper and can be used for speakers or something in the future if you upgrade subs and need a bigger amp. Plus monoblocks are made to run 2 and 1 ohm subs, they'll make less power at 4 ohm.

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
You don't have to use a monoblock... A 2 channel bridged will work just as well, will be cheaper and can be used for speakers or something in the future if you upgrade subs and need a bigger amp. Plus monoblocks are made to run 2 and 1 ohm subs, they'll make less power at 4 ohm.

He makes a practical point!