Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are my rights with a shopping center damaging my car

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
If you ever go to the roof carpark in Doncaster shopping centre you'll know what I mean, these speed bumps are unavoidable, the metal casing on them is what is making to height to scratch the car,
And sabbathSS
My car is stock height, don't have to be a jack arse about it

I frequent Doncaster alot, and always stay away from the top level because of these speed humps. I used to be a staff member there and had to hand in my staff parking car because I can't get my VS up the top and it's on Super Low's, major exhaust damage have I suffered at Doncaster...knocked it off it's rubber clips and torn a hole in my main muffler once.

But I don't think my car is legal so I don't have much of a leg to stand on.

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
Jamie, I look forward to hearing how this pans out for you. I would not have thought that you had much chance, but the "Australian Standard" was a good suggestion.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The problem with the Australian Standards is that they are not law. They are only suggestions as to how things are made. Sometimes they are legislated, but most of the time they are not. It is up to the manufacturers of a product to adopt the standard as practice.

It would be a great outcome if the centre paid for the damage, but somehow I doubt they will as the speed hump is not a hazard.

We have a very low car and it scrapes going over flea ****, it also has scraped the exhaust a LOT of times, to the extent that one pipe has a flat spot on it, but it has never broken anything.....just how fast did you hit the speed hump?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
It would be a great outcome if the centre paid for the damage, but somehow I doubt they will as the speed hump is not a hazard.

We have a very low car and it scrapes going over flea ****, it also has scraped the exhaust a LOT of times, to the extent that one pipe has a flat spot on it, but it has never broken anything.....just how fast did you hit the speed hump?

If a standard height car IS scraping, then it IS a hazard. No ifs or buts. They are made like that so they dont scrape...