Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are you drinking right now?

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Cannot agree any more about Diabetes. See if you guys drinks have High Fructose Corn Syrup. Is used vastly in the US as a sweetner. Also Salt, is even used on sweet drinks to induce thirst, so you will crave more of it. Pepsi and Coke are loaded with both.

I do not drink any soda, they are way too sweet for my taste.

Switched to home brews, even some of the store bought beer has preservatives.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Dude if you ever make it downunder you’re in for a pleasant surprise.
View attachment 198306
This is the milk that we drink.
Has no growth hormones and if you noticed, the Jesus Fish means that is Christian friendly.

It is made from cows in a naturally fertile and rich rural hinterland of the Sunshine Coast, in the Glasshouse Mountains area, the subtropical north Clarence-Moreton Basin.

Cows, goats, sheep and camels (yes) are part of our most awarded dairy, run by a local family. This is diametrically opposed to Coca Cola and Montsanto’s future Milk blend strained technically sterile then enriched with various powders.

In many ways is like comparing Yellowtail or any Sparkling wine confection to single vineyard craft wine that’s not sterile filtered, made traditionally.

That Soylent Green milk brand reminds me of 70s Kellogg’s corn crap before we realised is basically popcorn enriched with fructose energy and powdered vitamins.

I learned from a Jew few years back about their Kosher products. Turns out that are very good products and if is good for them, sure will be good for me. They have strict rules on what goes in them. Even they have a Kosher Coca Cola, the major difference is they use Cane Sugar instead of Corn Syrup and much less of it.

Will keep in mind of the Fish logo when I go Down Under. Used to buy milk from a local farmer years ago, unprocessed. All I did was boiled it and chill. Damn that was a good creamy and nice milk. Since moved from the area decades ago, have not found one that will sell me some and do not feel driving half a day away out in the country side for some. Talk about a $100 USD Gallon of milk (of course, I am exagerating).

Yellow Tail, we have that wine in the US and Foster beer.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Yellow Tail, we have that wine in the US and Foster beer.
If you like that Kosher milk you’ll love Kosher wine, all the demons boiled out of it too, thank God.
I was speaking to a mate just returned from San Fran, out dining paid US$90 for Yellowtail. Definitely our worst wine, Fosters arguably our worst beer but is not available for sale here, only Chinese and Canadian imports.
Taste does change as you cross the equator apparently.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I had some of the Yellow Tail over some friend's house. Had to be polite on my review. Foster is tollerable, not the best but to be honest, is way better than Butt-Wipper (Budweiser) beer by a long mile.

Is hard in the US to get a good beer or wine. On the beer is either bland or go to extremes. Some craft beer are just junk. Last time I had a Porter Craft Beer had doggone Chocolate. I was tempeted to lick a dog arse to get the taste off my mouth. On wines, is just grape juice with alcohol, too damn sweet.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Fosters arguably our worst beer but is not available for sale here, only Chinese and Canadian imports. Taste does change as you cross the equator apparently.

That bowel cleanser, promoted as an Australian beer, is a bigger international shame than any of our ex-Prime Ministers.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Had a couple of Pirate Life II IPAs , absolutely sensational, now Mayday Hills , 100% Brettanomyces ale , fremented with raspberries,( Bridge Road brewery , Beechworth, Victoria) ,great place ,great atmosphere ,:- yet another place I want to revisit

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
That bowel cleanser, promoted as an Australian beer, is a bigger international shame than any of our ex-Prime Ministers.

Do they still make that !!!! , haven't had that for years , for good reason .

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Crap, placed it on the wrong thread... arrg!!!

Well... I was looking for a cheap wine and got me some Yellow Tail. What I am going to use it for is for Glühwein. Why wasting a good wine when all the spices are going to take over. Camping next week at the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee. Spent $350 on some Bombay Gin, Martini & Rossi, CVNE and Marqués de Cázeres wine and a 1.75 L bottle of....

makers-mark-1-75__92538.1336079329.jpg

Want a good Bourbon... that is the one, about $50 for that bottle and worth every penny of it, on the rocks, sipping by a campfire in Dixie Land, you cannot beat that.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah mates have said Makers Mark is pretty decent. I love my JD's but have trouble with reflux real bad so pretty much any alcohol makes me ill. But sometimes that doesn't stop me.