Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are your thoughts on the performance of the Rudd government so far?

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
the price of living, including petrol groceries and general ancillaries were already getting to a higher rate before labour came in. the biggest change that is of benifit to me (and most of you) is the workers legislation.

Doesnt matter what government you choose, both are going to charge us more in one particular area to 'run' australia. i am a big believer in MAKING the rich pay a hellava lot more than poorer people. The way things are going the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. I know physical/mental work achieves a rich lifestlye, but for most of us the chance never arrives, and thats what needs to be changed. giving lower class citizens a chance to live a happy life is on the top of my list of suggestions.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
the price of living, including petrol groceries and general ancillaries were already getting to a higher rate before labour came in. the biggest change that is of benifit to me (and most of you) is the workers legislation.

Doesnt matter what government you choose, both are going to charge us more in one particular area to 'run' australia. i am a big believer in MAKING the rich pay a hellava lot more than poorer people. The way things are going the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. I know physical/mental work achieves a rich lifestlye, but for most of us the chance never arrives, and thats what needs to be changed. giving lower class citizens a chance to live a happy life is on the top of my list of suggestions.

Can you tell me why these workers rights benefit you, what changes have been made that make things so much better.

As for making the rich pay more, why should people like CSP, myself, Julie(just to name a few on JC) etc all pay more for choosing better paths in our lives to make ourselves money? Why should we subsidise those that refuse to better themselves to give themselves more of an income or more in life?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

when you start paying a **** load in tax, im sure youll change your tune. what is it, 55c per $1 in tax they want high income earners to pay?
why should they be punished for succeeding in life? is that the kind of attitude we have. you work harder, you pay more? no. its not right. everyone should have to pay the same. if youre not earning enough, and a fixed tax rate hurts, then maybe you should look back and see where you failed in life? maybe that will motivate people earlier and we wont be viewed as a lazy country like we already are.
the more you pay in tax, the more you begin to hate the lower class who have things handed to them by the government, and then bitch for more.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
when you start paying a **** load in tax, im sure youll change your tune. what is it, 55c per $1 in tax they want high income earners to pay?
why should they be punished for succeeding in life? is that the kind of attitude we have. you work harder, you pay more? no. its not right. everyone should have to pay the same. if youre not earning enough, and a fixed tax rate hurts, then maybe you should look back and see where you failed in life? maybe that will motivate people earlier and we wont be viewed as a lazy country like we already are.
the more you pay in tax, the more you begin to hate the lower class who have things handed to them by the government, and then bitch for more.

What hurts is paying over 30k in tax a year...it just isn't right. Everyone should contribute equally. Pathetic to think otherwise.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
What hurts is paying over 30k in tax a year...it just isn't right. Everyone should contribute equally. Pathetic to think otherwise.

just think of how many junkies youre supporting each year by paying tax. im sure that ****es you off

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh and just wait for you to start losing around $10 a week to the new maternity leave plan minux. rudd can go **** off with that plan. i dont want to pay for leave that not everyone will be entitled to

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I think you could go to the zoo and get a bunch of monkeys to do a better job.I think you could go to the spastic centre and have mentally impaired people come up with better policies. Minux-I think they are a joke, but not a funny one kind of when a comedian gets on stage and tries to be funny but they are just pathetic.

I can't think of a single thing they have done or proposing to do that I like, I didn't agree with the apology, I don't agree with the hippy global warming thing, I don't agree with their proposed tax changes I don't agree with the paid maternity leave plan. I just in general think they suck arse and hope they are voted out before they do anymore damage.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
Can you tell me why these workers rights benefit you, what changes have been made that make things so much better.

As for making the rich pay more, why should people like CSP, myself, Julie(just to name a few on JC) etc all pay more for choosing better paths in our lives to make ourselves money? Why should we subsidise those that refuse to better themselves to give themselves more of an income or more in life?

ive got heaps to say on this subject but no time to write it up, ill get back to you later.

fnlow1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais '93
I think you could go to the zoo and get a bunch of monkeys to do a better job.I think you could go to the spastic centre and have mentally impaired people come up with better policies. Minux-I think they are a joke, but not a funny one kind of when a comedian gets on stage and tries to be funny but they are just pathetic.

I can't think of a single thing they have done or proposing to do that I like, I didn't agree with the apology, I don't agree with the hippy global warming thing, I don't agree with their proposed tax changes I don't agree with the paid maternity leave plan. I just in general think they suck arse and hope they are voted out before they do anymore damage.

Thats the benefit of living in Australia... if you don't like it your free to pack your bags and head overseas. :w00t:

statesmanWH

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Typical, rich verus poor. Liberal verus Labour.

It is the Liberal Parties fault interest rates and inflation are high.

Lowering the lower tax rates, benefits all tax payers, not just the rich.

There is plenty of rich drug addicts that run companies into the ground and cost alot more people their life savings. The rich steal more money from the poor, than the other way around.

If you don't help the less fortunate, they cannot become great citizens as yourselves.

:) Please, have another election now. Then the Liberal Party will be further destroyed. :)