Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Brake Pads???

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
$55? haha god how i wish...last set all round cost me in the vicinity of $450 with a discount :p

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
wot for a set of bendex pads? oh depends on which ones u go i guess but the ones im on about are genral ones which are at autobarn for 55 a set

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Your cars gonna eat those cheap ****ty 55 dollar pads like theres no tommorrow. I was getting about 8k outta a set of the $40 ferodos. Brakes, tyres and suspension are the three things you really dont wanna be a tightarse about

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
well thoese $55 bendex have lasted me ages on me last car so i dunno, there the bendex genral ones and i have never had a problem with em. but meh everyone is going to say diff i guess. i have had ppl say the but cheaper ones an they last ages so its each to there own i guess.

ill just stick to wot i no works

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
wot for a set of bendex pads? oh depends on which ones u go i guess but the ones im on about are genral ones which are at autobarn for 55 a set

No for ferodos, i don't like bendex :)

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
thats intresting to know tho coz i didnt think they were that exy in price.. but then again when i used them for the 1st time bak on my old car i got the $30 ones. ill now serously look into it now..

*VOLATILE*

Monaro here i come
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
Despite what people say about Bendix, I would go for them again. I originally went the Ultimates when I first had my VT but found that the amount of brake dust coming from these pads was beyond ridiculous.

So Coventrys recommended me the Bendix Heavy Duty's. These stop my car a charm, are s**tloads cheaper then the Ultimates and emit much, much less brake dust.

I have also tried Green Stuff brake pads. If you're keen on cleaning your rims every week coz of excess brake dust, by all means, believe the hype on these pads get them on! Don't say I didn't warn ya!

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
yeh bendix and ferodo are the two best...imo im guna use these bendix pads we just got in a work next time mine need doin...ultra premium or sum ****...same as the gcts and retail for $63...they are ceramic compound which is wat i wanted so they didnt eat my new rotors i was guna put on...

ryan

topdzl

Reaction score
Website
www.aghaith.com
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7
I just bought DBA slotted cross drilled rotors front and back, and I'm just wondering if ferodos, or bendix brake pads would be hard on them?

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
The AC Delco pads are meant to be good quality, you can get them from Holden for about $45 a set and for rotors try RDA either standards or slotted.
My VY has genuine pads on it now with slotted rotors and stops fine. I'll be trying AC Delco when these wear out, they have done about 40,000km and are about 1/2 worn.