Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Brake Pads???

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I have got valvoline performance pads and they are great and they last up to 12 months or 20,000Ks normal driving.
Don’t take the risk on cheap pads. You get what you pay for mate.
And rotors DBA.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
bendix ultimates are a good set of all round street pads. not too hard on rotors either. just be aware that they need a couple of stops first thing on a cold morning to bring them up to temp. they resist fade very well when pushed hard and dont dust up your wheels too badly. bendix also have a street/race pad which are twice as good as the ultimates but at $350 for a front set and $350 for the rears are a bit out of reach of the average punter.

topdzl

Reaction score
Website
www.aghaith.com
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7
nice one mate, i looked for bendix but couldn't find it, i'll try to buy them online and to find someone who'd ship international.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Hi mate,

You can do ALOT better than Bendix. See here:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...vt-vz-police-spec-performance-brake-pads.html
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/gsl-rallysport/59204-qfm-brake-pads.html

The only people in Australia who buy Bendix or (especially) Ferodo are those who are brand loyalists, beleive the radio ads, haven't tried anything else, or shop at a shop called Super Cheap...

We'll happily ship international (we actually supply a fair bit of pads to the American delivered Commodore variants). Bendix (who are owned by the FMP group), give no fark what so ever for anything other than GCT (their run of the mill street pad) and OEM. I could quote corespondence (but I won't...) from a Bendix chemist admiting just how much they don't care about their performance pads... and it shows.

Ultimates are ridiculously overpriced for what they are when compared to something like QFM HPX, TRW Lucas, or Remsa, all of which are better pads for less dollars. Their SRT pad is OK, but as posted above, is hideously too expensive when compared to something like a QFM A1RM. Or for similar money, something like a Project Mu makes them look silly in performance terms.

We stock some Bendix pads, mainly for a local SAAB workshop, but given the choice, they're a LONG way down the list of pads we supply when aiming for customer satisfaction. We put QFM and Remsa well ahead of the Bendix curve, as well as a few others for unique applications.

All that said, Bendix GCT (which is their bread and butter pad) is actually a very good pad, and for it's purpose (low performance, trade servicing, dont-want-to-see-the-customer-till-the-pads-are-gone), do an excellent job, albeit at 20% higher than the rest of the market...

Let us know what sort of pad you were after, or what you're using the car for, and we can price up some options including freight.

Regards,
Greg

Last edited:

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
I have the QFM HPX pads and like them alot :)

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
have always used bendix and never had a problem.

ss905l

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS 6 speed, VE SSV 6speed
I just use the bendix ultimates (about $70 a pair) with dba slotted discs, not too bad so far, far better than stock.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
cant remember the last time i heard bendex or any other brake pad manufacurer advertise on the radio. it's not the manufacurers job to promote their performance pad range to the public, that's the job of the retail to determine each customers requirements and advise them accordingly. yes bendex's bread and butter is their gct range and that's where they make their money from. not their performance pads.

bloody dale

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore
Just wanted to see what brake pads everyone gets? im lookn at gettn a full set soon 1st time for the vt and wanted to know is there any other brand out there besides benidex that still does the job. as i dont wonna keep payen $65 a set. i have only ever bought this 1 brand. besides the time i tired some cheap 30 ones from supercrap an they didnt last a month. fredro or something like that lol

also whats a good brand for rotor as im lookn at gettn a full set of them aswell.

cheers
Just wondering what is the correct rotation to use when bleeding brake systems