Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What brand of paint does Holden use?

madrx3boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Acclaim
Hey everyone,

as the title says, what brand of paint does Holden use? More specifically, what brand would it have been for a 1998 VT, Amazon Blue Pearl B176/23L?

And can someone explain to me the difference between this one (Amazon Blue Pearl B176/23L) and the code 23L/B176 Amazon Pearl. I came across this on a list of GMH paint codes and was wondering why one code is a 'reversal' of the other?

Thanks for your help guys

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I have a few cans of paint from Holden here. They don't have a specific brand on them but on the back it says PPG Industries Australia Pty Limited. I thought that they mix up the paint you need like some Autobarn stores do. You just give them the paint code and the give you a pressure pack can or whatever you ask for.

ls1 tiga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7 s2
It all depends on where Holden outsource that part to be painted.
It can be ppg, sikkens, DuPont.
So long as holden are happy with it, they don't mind what brand is used so long as it meets all of their test and standards.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Hey everyone,

as the title says, what brand of paint does Holden use? More specifically, what brand would it have been for a 1998 VT, Amazon Blue Pearl B176/23L?

And can someone explain to me the difference between this one (Amazon Blue Pearl B176/23L) and the code 23L/B176 Amazon Pearl. I came across this on a list of GMH paint codes and was wondering why one code is a 'reversal' of the other?

Thanks for your help guys

Both the same color. Just different formulations to achieve the same color.