Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What bulbs for SSV fog lights

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Hi all I have just changed my Hi/low bulbs with Philips crystal vison and I now want to do the fog lights but can't seem to find what bulbs I need.. I have looked through the owners manual and it just says that a Holden dealer should change the fog lights..

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Thanks for the reply timmybrown can't seem to find any Phelps crystal vision H10 at all..

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Suggest you leave the Fog Lights as designed by Holden. By increasing the light output you will likely blind oncoming traffic (illegal) and incur the wrath of most other motorists. Fog Lights are not meant to be bright. If you have ever driven in heavy fog you will know that LESS id BEST. To much light simply bounces back off the fog into your eyes. O'h sorry, did you mean you wanted them to actually be 'driving lights' of 'bling lights' or 'wanker lights'. Using them for anything other than intended use will be illegal. 'Play the Sailor - Pay the Price' !!

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Yeah I know it's illegal after getting a $40 fine for having foglight on.. I just want a white or light not so yellow crystal vision aren't any brighter they just more white..

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I have found white light seems to scatter worse in fog, where yellow does not seem to scatter as bad.
maybe that's why fog lamps used to be yellow?

I noticed these days that fog lamps on at night with no fog adds 10rwhp and stick on screws add another 5 lol

Jasminka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cerise Caprice
Suggest you leave the Fog Lights as designed by Holden. By increasing the light output you will likely blind oncoming traffic (illegal) and incur the wrath of most other motorists. Fog Lights are not meant to be bright. If you have ever driven in heavy fog you will know that LESS id BEST. To much light simply bounces back off the fog into your eyes. O'h sorry, did you mean you wanted them to actually be 'driving lights' of 'bling lights' or 'wanker lights'. Using them for anything other than intended use will be illegal. 'Play the Sailor - Pay the Price' !!
There is a regulation that fog lamps are limited to 30 Watts. I think that was written in the days of plain incandescent bulbs. You see lots of "fog lamp" bulbs on eBay, e.g. 15W LEDs that would be like 75W incandescent.

zucan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford
city cops do not like lots of spot lights I got stopped the other day in Adelaide two traffic cops one was young new to the job other much older any way

young guy went off at me for 2 sets of spot lights on the bull bar and Philips main light bulb upgrade , the older cop looked at my license which has my address as Broken Hill and all he said you live in Broken Hill " yes " I came down for a medical visit going home tonight . ok he said just keep the lights on low beam have a nice day

the young cop looked a little confused

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
look on the top of the headlight , it is written, well on VY's it is.
VY-Headlight_zpsa5d72342.jpg~original