Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What can i do to make my 6 go faster

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Yep, I can say that I do. The only thing I can't do is the machining side of things. If there is something I haven't got then most certainly my father will. I do need a piston ring grinding tool though

lol that was kinda my point... you still need to get the engined machined

unless you want to take to it with a honeing tool on the end of a drill lol

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
lol that was kinda my point... you still need to get the engined machined

unless you want to take to it with a honeing tool on the end of a drill lol

yep, but that goes for 99% of people who do engine work. It's still a LOT cheaper to assemble your own engine rather then letting a mechanic assemble your engine for you charging $70+p/h. Other then the main machining operations i can do everything else at home, that including modifying (porting) heads and manifolds etc.

I've also had access to a full engineering workshop at work which allows me to make those odd bits that always crop up. At the end of the day I get a lot of satisfaction making my own bits, much more fun then paying someone to do it for you and generally works out cheaper at the end of the day.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
I've also had access to a full engineering workshop at work which allows me to make those odd bits that always crop up. At the end of the day I get a lot of satisfaction making my own bits, much more fun then paying someone to do it for you and generally works out cheaper at the end of the day

yeah i would love to build my own engine and im pretty sure i could do it too but its the machining details that mess with my head

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
this will go around and around ffs just do it or dont do it wh really cares.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
this will go around and around ffs just do it or dont do it wh really cares.

the OP cant go FI... we are just having a gentleman's discussion on various options for a v6

The_Doctor

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2 Redline
A 6.0 litre V8 conversion, putting a turbo on an engine not designed to have one is asking for trouble, try the wreckers for low Km v8

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
A 6.0 litre V8 conversion, putting a turbo on an engine not designed to have one is asking for trouble, try the wreckers for low Km v8

its called an engine rebuild... you know when you pull the engine apart and put new stronger better stuff back

and as for an engine that wasnt designed for it there is on in the MACE section running 500 rwkw

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo

How about a 6L turbo? I've got one of them out the back.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322993039.259194.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322993039.259194.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 139

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
putting a turbo on an engine not designed to have one is asking for trouble,

GM built a variant of this engine specifically designed for boost............

In fact the Buick V6 which the ecotec is a evolution of has a history of been boosted from the factory. V8 killers too in their day, well known for it in the US.

The pig

Reaction score
Members Ride
69 rs ss camaro/ rodeo dual cab
yeah

Get a v8, you cant beat cubic inches as the saying goes, all these turbos n stuff put so much stress on the motor, plus an eight at full noise is a truelly sweet sound and if money isnt a problem the whine of a super charged eight is orgasmic, the alloytec sixes are a nice donk though but you can only go so far then youll want to go faster and the delema goes on and on, get a dyno from a good tuner then go from there. Have fun.:D