Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What cats are better magnaflow or Ballistic cats

Johnny1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss 2004
Hey everyone I just want to no what cats are better quality Magna flow 100cpi metalic cats
Or ballistics 100cpi metalic cats I want to no witch it better quality what ones last longer sound different and what ones every one recommends from experience :)

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
had both and no real differences in sound or quality but the ballistic substrate is welded to tube were others can be a press fit

Johnny1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss 2004
Hey thank you heaps I bought a pair of 2.5 Magna flow metallic cats for my VT 5 litre senator 1998 so the magnaflow are good I herd from some people that if they heat up and expand the comb on the inside can get pushed and slowly squish the outer combs is that true or are the Magna flows fine and will they make the exhaust sound louder also I'm putting pacemaker try y on aswell I also have xforce 2.5 stainless system on aswell how do u think it will sound in combination Also the cats are 100cpi

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
will be fine behind a 5L think theres issues when going forced induction with cheap cats