Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Ordered parts....

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Took it into Ravenshoe and back, about 60k's for a test run after a transmission fluid change and flush and filter. It hadn't been done since Moses got the tablets off the mountain. Shifting like a dream and no hint of any slippage.

bevzan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
called workshop for update, they having trouble with 2nd set of injectors not firing
so only 320hp at the wheels so far, leaning out bad, so a bit more spannering and a few more dyno runs and should be done

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
just change the oil/filter on both cars

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Paid for parts....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Flushed a core that didn't need doing. Didn't fix my Luke warm heater prob. 65 bucks i could have put towards the actual problem. At least I have a hose adapter tool now.:)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Both front parker bulbs were blown. Walking to the bus i saw Jaycar was still open. Grabbed two LED wedge globes and fitted them about 20 mins ago. Not as bright as i was expecting, as mentioned in another forum on JC. But that's fine you can still see them on and they would be as bright as stock globes. But for $3:50 for the pair I'm not complaining. Did notice one of my number plate lights is blown when i checked the lights were all working. No idea what one fits them so i will have to remember to unscrew the cover and find out.

Last edited:

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
Noticed over the past few weeks that coolant was disappearing from the SS every few days.
Would top it up maybe 250ml each time, but found it was getting progressively worse (more coolant each time)

Checked the water pump, that was all good. Checked the heater hoses, small drip from the heater tap, but fixed that by re-adjusting the clamp. No coolant in the engine oil, or in the trans. No coolant smell from the exhaust.

Finally found the leak after checking and cleaning all the parts i could get to. Could see the green drops hanging off a hose under the engine. Followed it back up the front of the engine. Could see it was wet on the front of the head, from there i could see it was coming from the second bolt back on the inlet manifold.

Stripped the fan and stuff off and cleaned up the area, put the fan back on and warmed the car and found it was seeping out through the actual inlet manifold, so figured there was either a hair line crack, or the bolt hole isnt fully sealed.

Pulled everything off and swapped over the inlet manifold with the spare one i had and put it all back together. Was a good chance to check the cam and was pleasing to see it only had a small bit of tarnish on the lobes, but the rest was smooth as.

With everything off, i could see it was the gasket that had gone, very nasty to look at with the inlet off, guess that is what happens after 220,000kms!

Everything back together and there is no leaks what-so-ever. no oil or coolant and the engine runs a little smoother now which is nice. Suspect it could just be a mind over matter situation, but maybe there was a bit of a vacuum leak as well.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Did a little trans work today. Corvette servo, boost valve, new filter and pan gasket. Should have some time to RE install it tomorrow.
View attachment 199426

Where did you buy the Corvette servo, boost valve from? Was it expensive? Also would the above mod benefit a V6?