Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Cleaned the inside because wife was going to see my sister in Townsville, who gave us the car. Decided to have a look on this site to see why the aircon light is not working. I replied to a post re fuel economy from 2010!!!. Hadn't even had a beer! Is their some kind of award for something like this?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Yes there is but my old brother-in-law is still holding it LOL !

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
BTW as far as the Air Con light not working it's probably one of two things, the tiny globe has either blown or after such a long time it has vibrated and rotated slightly thus breaking contact, oddly all the 3 switches do suffer from this issue.

zeropalooba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim L67 manual
Hi fellas, at the weekend, I dropped the fuel tank to empty out the stale fuel. While I was there I relocated the charcoal canister to the rear. A VT - VZ square canister fits nicely above the rear subframe in the same position as VT - VZ. I bought some hoses from Supercheap and got the Dremel out to sort out the plumbing. Basically, the steel pipe that formerly ran the vapours from the fuel tank to the canister now runs the purge from the canister to the solenoid at the rear of the engine. Now I have no charcoal canister in the engine bay.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Poor ute stuck doing daily duties....got it down to 13ltr/100km...not too bad considering previous issues.

1 5/8 pacies & twin cats to go on early next year...if coin is there maybe Mace airbox,big transcooler & 3.45/lsd centre.

Love the snobby looks it gets & how it's usually oldest thing on road in peak hour jams :D

Unclemushy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
After a postage nightmare I received my 2.5 inch redback exhaust, it's probably laughable but it took 3.5 hours to fit it I couldn't get the centre pipe off the cat, after a few choice words I tried to twist it and off it came! the removal of the standard exhaust was the hardest part.

I've been thinking about a manifold insulator and a plenum spacer, because of the way I drive the car and what I've read here it sounds like it would really be worth it, unfortunately nobody I know has done anything with the ecotec.

Although someone at a little get together stated he had a stage 2 crow cam in his VS Ute but I didn't know you could just install and time it? Is that true?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Don't bother with a plenum spacer, just fit the LIM spacer. Trying to fit both makes the plenum a litte high for the bonnet. The go would be a decent set of Pacies, Mace CAI and decent memcal tune as well as the LIM spacer. Do all of the above and you will have a nice little Eco.

Unclemushy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Don't bother with a plenum spacer, just fit the LIM spacer. Trying to fit both makes the plenum a litte high for the bonnet. The go would be a decent set of Pacies, Mace CAI and decent memcal tune as well as the LIM spacer. Do all of the above and you will have a nice little Eco.

No kidding, I had a feeling it'd be a bit too tall with both spacers going by the pictures on their site, and thanks for the other suggestions, I'll have to have a look into where I can order the pacies from and the memcal tune because I figure there will be a whole lot of reading I'll need to do for the tune.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
No kidding, I had a feeling it'd be a bit too tall with both spacers going by the pictures on their site, and thanks for the other suggestions, I'll have to have a look into where I can order the pacies from and the memcal tune because I figure there will be a whole lot of reading I'll need to do for the tune.

PM @MACE or @delcowizzid either of those should be able to sort out a good tune for you. Pacies are exi, a good SH set is the go.