Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

Unclemushy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Cheers for the wheel info I can only find 17's to 20's locally so I might have to look online as a friend of mine suggested dynamic steelies because of the "beefy" look I'm going for.

I doubt it matters but as (father figure) did this bit the rubbers on the (sway bar linking arms) were replaced/upgraded.

It is a solid axle rear so the front was the issue, he said it's barely out and shouldn't hurt tyre wear, he went from super negative on the passenger side to 0.30-0.35° neg if I read the numbers on the screen correctly that is... in case it helps narrow down the possible issue toe and caster adjustment were a walk in the park. This was done as soon as the car was lowered. Only drove 20 kms at that point.

Unclemushy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Aren't the VT sports mags 16's? They don't look bad on the wagon that I saw today.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Want a "beefier" look.....

I quite like the beefy look of this.....

Picked up some 15x7 Interceptors in great nick, so I rubbed them back and hit them with 3 coats of midnight black and 2 coats of clear. Found a bloke in Nowra after some recommendations by a mate who drags big arsed 8's and scored genuine BFG T/A's for a good price. 235/60 R15 on the rear, 215/60 R15 coming up (next week) for the front.....

.....Traction difference is phenomenal. These things are sticky as **** in a straight line, and amazing in the wet. Twin steel belts and G-Wedge sidewalls leaves almost no difference in lateral play from the 225/50 R16. Very, very impressed with the not-so-tail-happy-anymore arse end.

future-jpg.169610

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Dunno what you have on the ute now, but if you are looking for a rim/tyre combo, these Adventra/Cross6, & 8

are 7.5 X17, load rated, and I can fit them with 225/55s on the Monaro with plenty of room to spare around the strut.
These look ok. They may be for sale.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Picked up a 20L container of coolant for it...

Unclemushy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Picked up a 20L container of coolant for it...
If you're having an overflow issue check your radiator cap the original cap is 100 KPA I replaced mine with a 135 KPA rated cap after realising this, the brand is Tridon the part number is CA20135 but double check it's right I'm going off the top of my head, pretty sure it was under $15.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
If you're having an overflow issue check your radiator cap the original cap is 100 KPA I replaced mine with a 135 KPA rated cap after realising this, the brand is Tridon the part number is CA20135 but double check it's right I'm going off the top of my head, pretty sure it was under $15.

Nah, just doing an inlet manifold gasket. New coolant. Plus spare.