Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you pay for your Service?

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
Got my 45,000 done the other week.
Labour - $344.50
Parts - $144.06
Oil etc - $64.85
Key - $18.85
Comsumables - $27.15
Gst - $59.94

Parts also included all the bits and peices for a new key. Now ive seen this thread, im thinking they saw me coming. Gonna look around next time. Also after I got it back i had to take it in two times to try and get the oil serice warning fixed aswell (as mentioned in another thread)

These holden guys charge like scrub bulls. Im in the wrong game i should get a holden dealership.

Cheers
Brownie

IPCOlsenVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Commodore Equipe
I got the two year service done plus the diff fluid, transmission fluid and power steering changed. I brought all the fluid except the brake fluid, total cost total cost $740. Heres the break down.

Two year service minus motor oil $200
Motor oil $75 (6L Mobil 1 10W30)
Diff oil changed $50
Diff oil $54 (2L SAF-XA)
Transmission fluid changed $100
Transmission fluid $114 (8L Transmax Z)
Power steering fluid changed $50
Transmission fluid used

Then the other small things that pushed the price up.
They didn’t even change the power steering fluid either... so there not getting my business again.

vzberlinav6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina v6
i paid 220 for my 15,000km service on my vz berlina. wasnt till i checked in my manual after that the price quoted was 148.

commodore2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina
I got the two year service done plus the diff fluid, transmission fluid and power steering changed. I brought all the fluid except the brake fluid, total cost total cost $740. Heres the break down.

Two year service minus motor oil $200
Motor oil $75 (6L Mobil 1 10W30)
Diff oil changed $50
Diff oil $54 (2L SAF-XA)
Transmission fluid changed $100
Transmission fluid $114 (8L Transmax Z)
Power steering fluid changed $50
Transmission fluid used

Then the other small things that pushed the price up.
They didn’t even change the power steering fluid either... so there not getting my business again.

That seems like a expensive price for transmission service, my local auto transmission place only charges $125 for a full service including oil and filter.
What anoys me is they charge by the litre, but they buy by the 200litre drums and the oil for your trans would of only cost them $5 a litre.

IPCOlsenVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Commodore Equipe
na i bought the oil in myself and it only comes in 4l bottle (retail)

pepsi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
i pay exactly NOTHING as i do it all myself and keep good records of everything, only cost is the parts and oils usualy costs me like $70-$80 for a full service :)

thats the best way to go. the mechanic that was servicing my car started getting extremely lazy. so now i just tell them to change the oil and filter and it costs bout $60. i can put tyre polish on my wheels myself to make it look like ive done a good job haha

Law84

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive 3.6L V6
It is true guys... thats where i got my new car from (Suttons Chullora) and its 3years/45,000 free servicing.. whuch ever comes first.
Yes its in writing
Yes it includes oil/parts/filters
Yes it includes labour..

But not tyres or brakes....

I bought my car second hand from Pickles, car was originally bought on 24/10/05 so I am still under the 3 year warranty.. With it included services history, handbook, etc. and a couple of Suttons VIP cards. Rang them up today and was advised the VIP cards are of no value to me, only the original buyer.

The original buyer also had 3 year free service, the customer service chick advised me it's not transferable. Does anyone know the whether the VIP and indeed the 3 year free service is transferable?

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
are you referring about the factory holden warranty? If so then yes you do. I bought my ute from auctions and i had a few things done under warranty

Law84

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive 3.6L V6
are you referring about the factory holden warranty? If so then yes you do. I bought my ute from auctions and i had a few things done under warranty

Yeah, the factory warranty is transferable. but, how about the 3 years/45000km free service?