Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you want to be?

Kokentoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden VZ Storm Ute
So you wanted to be Miley Cyrus...

LOL! I can see the funny side to that, but now I feel compelled to get this off my chest, and in all honesty I truly can't stand people like her and other mainstream artists who are feeding the youth of today complete and utter trash with their "music". Sadly it seems many of them worship these incompetent scumbags, and mainstream artists like Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Nikki Minaj just to name a few, are some of the worst human beings responsible. They are twisting the minds of teenage girls and convincing our youth that getting high and drunk every day is an acceptable lifestyle, turning young girls into sluts, getting kids hooked on illicit substances so they can be "cool" just like them. I don't want to sound sexist, so I will also go ahead and condemn male "artists" like Lil Wayne and Justin Bieber who similarly write songs which are full of ****, and the worst part is that they are rich because of it. They couldn't care less what happens to their fans.

If I wanted to be famous for making any sort of music, it would have to be through a band like Parkway Drive. They are a 5 member Australian metalcore band from Byron Bay who are now one of the most popular and well known bands of that genre in the world. Again, they have millions of fans and they get to travel the world doing what they love, but apart from the music they make, what else makes me respect them? The positive messages they try to pass on. Now unlike all those mainstream c**ksuckers who are singing about sex, drugs, guns and so forth, Parkway Drive consists mainly of straight edge members and they even made a video which expressed their views on drugs.

"We've never been a band that, gets drunk, goes out and has cocaine on their riders, or basically act like rockstar f**kwits". "Our job is to travel around the world, we have great lives, and why would you want to compromise that by being so drunk that you feel like ****, and so stoned or high that you don't even know where the f**k you are". "The whole idea of being in this band in the first place was having fun, doing it with music. We've seen enough people in our town get f**ked over by drugs, that the last thing we want to do is promote it to other people". "Be it personal choice or not, this band isn't one that condones the idea of wrecking your life through substance abuse"

It's truly sad that lesser known metal bands who also spread positive messages don't get enough exposure and the recognition they deserve because this genre of music is not mainstream and many close minded people automatically assume that it is "satanic" or garbage simply because the vocalist is "screaming" and they cannot understand the lyrics. They are ignorant fools. These bands are some of the most genuine, down to earth guys who truly love what they do and aren't in it for the money which is why I respect them and I'd love to have a lifestyle like that. Again, I would never want to be someone rich and famous if I was not contributing some sort of positive message to those around me. Does it make sense and is it fair that people like Miley Cyrus get all this fame and fortune and someone like a soldier, police officer, paramedic or firefighter does not?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Can I change my vote? I want to be this guy ^^^^ when I grow up.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
LOL! I can see the funny side to that, but now I feel compelled to get this off my chest, and in all honesty I truly can't stand people like her and other mainstream artists who are feeding the youth of today complete and utter trash with their "music". Sadly it seems many of them worship these incompetent scumbags, and mainstream artists like Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Nikki Minaj just to name a few, are some of the worst human beings responsible. They are twisting the minds of teenage girls and convincing our youth that getting high and drunk every day is an acceptable lifestyle, turning young girls into sluts, getting kids hooked on illicit substances so they can be "cool" just like them. I don't want to sound sexist, so I will also go ahead and condemn male "artists" like Lil Wayne and Justin Bieber who similarly write songs which are full of ****, and the worst part is that they are rich because of it. They couldn't care less what happens to their fans.

If I wanted to be famous for making any sort of music, it would have to be through a band like Parkway Drive. They are a 5 member Australian metalcore band from Byron Bay who are now one of the most popular and well known bands of that genre in the world. Again, they have millions of fans and they get to travel the world doing what they love, but apart from the music they make, what else makes me respect them? The positive messages they try to pass on. Now unlike all those mainstream c**ksuckers who are singing about sex, drugs, guns and so forth, Parkway Drive consists mainly of straight edge members and they even made a video which expressed their views on drugs.

"We've never been a band that, gets drunk, goes out and has cocaine on their riders, or basically act like rockstar f**kwits". "Our job is to travel around the world, we have great lives, and why would you want to compromise that by being so drunk that you feel like ****, and so stoned or high that you don't even know where the f**k you are". "The whole idea of being in this band in the first place was having fun, doing it with music. We've seen enough people in our town get f**ked over by drugs, that the last thing we want to do is promote it to other people". "Be it personal choice or not, this band isn't one that condones the idea of wrecking your life through substance abuse"

It's truly sad that lesser known metal bands who also spread positive messages don't get enough exposure and the recognition they deserve because this genre of music is not mainstream and many close minded people automatically assume that it is "satanic" or garbage simply because the vocalist is "screaming" and they cannot understand the lyrics. They are ignorant fools. These bands are some of the most genuine, down to earth guys who truly love what they do and aren't in it for the money which is why I respect them and I'd love to have a lifestyle like that. Again, I would never want to be someone rich and famous if I was not contributing some sort of positive message to those around me. Does it make sense and is it fair that people like Miley Cyrus get all this fame and fortune and someone like a soldier, police officer, paramedic or firefighter does not?

I don't think these people get real respect. They're kind of a living joke. Most of those little girls who idolise Justin bieber and miley Cyrus will grow up and say "what the #### was I thinking!" Surely?

They do have money, fame and fortune but everybody in the world that's not a 12 year old girl thinks they are a dikhead.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
The biggest issue with Miley Cyrus and her ilk is that "No publicity is bad publicity"

These people thrive on the attention they get and it's the reason they're continually in the public eye, because everything they do is so "extreme" and "shocking."

Do what I do, and just ignore it completely :)

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I wanted to be an architect pretty much all the way through school. ended up getting a job in security a month after I turned 18 cause my mum was on my back about it and I had mates that were doing it and were earning decent coin. been doing it for 12 years now, workin my way through various positions within the industry.

if I win lotto and retire, I've always said i'll buy a pimped out golf buggy and drive people from the front of the local RSL to their car in the car park. livin the dream.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I wanted to be a helicopter pilot (still do!!).
But it's never going to happen. So I'll just be happy if one day I can master a collective pitch scale R/C helicopter, they are a bitch to fly!!

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I wanted to be a helicopter pilot (still do!!).
But it's never going to happen. So I'll just be happy if one day I can master a collective pitch scale R/C helicopter, they are a bitch to fly!!

Their probably harder than the real thing .

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Their probably harder than the real thing .

funny you should say that
there's a helicopter pilot on one of the R/C heli forums I'm on and he said in many ways the R/C helis are harder to fly as you don't really get any feedback and all controls are through your fingers rather than split up between hands & feet, plus with R/C when the heli is coming at you, the collective and cyclic (left & right directions/yaw) are reversed!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I'd recommend you start with a counter rotating setup to get a feel for it. They're much more balanced.

RC's are far more wind affected too. Definitely harder.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I've already conquered the coax heli's. Didn't take long to learn to fly those ones.
Then I stepped up to single rotor fixed pitch, which I'm still learning. Then a bought a small collective pitch which I ditched into the ground hard on first flight. It's currently getting a rebuilt lol. I've also got a 200 size scale collective pitch Huey which I also crashed and had to replace the fuselage. I've repaired it and left it alone, promised myself I won't attempt to fly it again until I can fly the smaller CP heli.

I need a big closed in area to learn. As you say, the wind makes it hard. Both my fixed and collective pitch heli's are designed to fly in light breezes, but the pilot isn't ;)