Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you keep in your car?

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Bowling balls, usb cable, GPS (hiding obviously), and a 4 Way socket (forgot the name of the damn bars).

I need to make up a little tool hit i can put in the boot for just-in-case things.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Tool kit, fuse kit, spare P-Plates, and some other spare parts like a spare LPG switch, radiator hoses and serpentine belt.

Only reason I carry tools in the car is because I get called out on break downs sometimes. My car only broke down once when the DFI module went and I got the RACV to tow it home.

Last edited:

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I no longer keep any tools or spares these days, if I run into trouble I will ring the RACV let them fix it or tow it.

zapper-l67

LS# Eat One Today...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
The other day when cruising with my friend my fuel filter cir clip popped off and I became aware of how much our tools and other things to help in times of need varied. So I was wondering what do you keep in your car for when you break down?

Ive kidnapped 3 fat chicks that how live in my boot.
The down side is the constant nattering coming from the back end.
The Up side is I don't need super low rear coils anymore.
Fatchickinboot.jpg

Zapp

Mz ENV11T

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ 2006
Work folder
Charger
lip gloss
Sun glasses
Lighters
Change
Notepads
P plates
A single pen
Medication

boot ::
sub
sun visor
Amps
Electrical Tape
Spare tyre
Jack

Last edited:

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Ive kidnapped 3 fat chicks that how live in my boot.
The down side is the constant nattering coming from the back end.
The Up side is I don't need super low rear coils anymore.
Fatchickinboot.jpg

Zapp

LMFAO Someone needs to make that up as a sticker to put on the ass dragging idiots cars

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Ive never had a jack or spair tire in any or my cars.

Yeah I went ages with flat spares that I never got around to replacing. Was only recently that they got done cause I needed tyres for rego. On both cars :p

The LJ Torana I used to have had the original spare still in it. Dunno how long it would have lasted if I had to use it.

schoey3

Bass heads ' r ' us
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE Omega, 03 VY Exec
almost everything, i live in my car in a sense.

CapriciousWL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice
In the cabin - nothing. No junk allowed. No food for the kids. iPod in the glovebox wired in permanently. Yoyo in the door pocket.
In the boot - I believe there is a spare tyre (there was when I got the car), there are three laptop cases (all for different uses - traveling etc.) and heaps of paperwork that should be somewhere else.
I once carried most of the parts required to rebuild the car if everything under the bonnet was vaporized by aliens, but I now know there are tow trucks and few times that I can't afford to be late.

If your car is that mechanically challenged that you fear you need a spare engine, get a VW Beetle - there's a spare in the boot.

There is a difference between daily suburban travel and remote travel - if I know that I'll be miles from nowhere (logically that puts me somewhere) I will carry a small quantity of water, oil, basic tool kit etc. Round town there are enough people who can be contacted to provide "assistance".