Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you think of what I did today?

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I prefer the way you've got them now, Denno, looks quite good. And yeah maybe one day I'll do the lights behind the grille, I too like stuffing around with lights and things that don't cost me an arm and a leg!

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
img0563small.jpg

I like that! I actually think that looks better than under the headlights... more noticable

I would leave it like that though... Any more might make it just look over the top, but then again its all up to personal taste... I really like how it looks in that pic though...

great stuff :thumbsup:

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Thanks guys :). Good to see I was able to turn a couple of ya around on your thoughts from before to after :p.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Well I can safely say that I did this BEFORE the HSV E Series 2 came out :). Great minds think alike haha

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If you want to put these things in, your problem is that the VT-VX front end doesn't really have any area where you can install them so that they look like part of the car. If you look at the new Audi's and other Euro's that run these things, they are integrated into the parking/indicator or headlamp set-up, not tacked on.

I think the only place they would really suit would be as someone else suggested and try to incorporate them into the headlights somehow.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Yeah I'm going to be getting different LED strips that are thinner that will fit under the headlights, that way you won't actually be able to see them except when they're on. And I know that mine are tacked on, but I just think it's neat that it's almost exactly what I have, but done with a bigger budget lol.