Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What does this and do and do i kneed it??

Grange 185

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr caprice
I install twin AU thermos and this was in the road so remove it and just put a small hose linking where i came out of the throttle body,is it just a polution device and can i run my motor (304) with out it???Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 141

Grange 185

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr caprice
Thanks for that i was about to chuck it out i might just keep it incase i get a sticker lol,

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Its a charcoal canister, your motor will run fine without it, but it's highly illegal....You can't legally remove any emission control device.

What he said ^^^^^^^

Or you can pretend your car is from the 70's with no polution control. :whistling

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Oh , and if you have a smash your car can explode without this due to build up of petrol vapours .... or so i've been told.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Oh , and if you have a smash your car can explode without this due to build up of petrol vapours .... or so i've been told.

And Giraffes can cross breed with Wombats!

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Maybe just relocate it and lengthen the hoses. Even under the gaurd in front of the wheel would be ok....it's just you'll have to get ur hands dirty if a cop wants to see it coz I guess you'd have the plastic bits on the inside of ur gaurd around the wheel.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
to go into more detail;

its your carbon cannister. whether you need it or not is up to you. however it does serve a purpose.

when your fuel tank is cold, everything is fine. but if you hit a 30 degree day the fuel in your tank expands and needs to escape. the main place it will escape from is your filler neck (where you fill up with fuel) and on older cars on hot days you can actually see fuel vapour evaporating from the neck.
now here is the tricky bit. wet petrol isnt really that flammable. dudes in the movies drop cigarettes in petrol and WHOOSH up it goes... but its all bull. the stuff you wanna avoid is fuel VAPOUR. that stuff WILL go up with a bang.

what the cannister does is filter the fuel vapour and turn it into O2 and water (the hose out the bottom drips the leftover harmlss stuff) so when pressure builds up in your tank, rather than escaping out the filler neck it goes to the cannister and filters... thus making your flammable wreck a lot safer.

having said all that i took mine off and plugged the hoses cos its ugly., LMAO.

Grange 185

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr caprice
LOL cheers for that look like im leaving it on the shelf,i only drive the car once a week and if my car gets pulled over umm ill guess il tell them that it fell off today and i was just heading down to get the part to put it back on.:DLOL