Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What economy do you get out of your 202?

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
the average for the torana (EFI 202 and 5 speed) is about 12-13l/100km's ... thats about half city and half cruising, as my partner does that everyday for work.

as vk berlina said though, if you give it heaps of **** it chews the fuel, thats a worked motor for you :) but i wouldn't have it any other way.

jake87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V6 S1
VKStevo said:
how much is cruise control? might be another upgrade soon
I think you can get a cruise controll setup from supercheap, etc. for around $130

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
do it yourself?

is it easy? and for a manual?

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
over half of my last tank has gone on a cruise on saturday, no taking it easy, foot down most of the time, a couple with less traction at the wheels and a car full of people, dragged of a manual vl and won also with 4 people in it where i had 5

and still i got 450 k's before it went into the red zone, its on about 470 now and getting pretty low, i seriously need 2 take a tank easy and see wot i get

fark im probably as economical as a v6

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
VKStevo said:
over half of my last tank has gone on a cruise on saturday, no taking it easy, foot down most of the time, a couple with less traction at the wheels and a car full of people, dragged of a manual vl and won also with 4 people in it where i had 5

and still i got 450 k's before it went into the red zone, its on about 470 now and getting pretty low, i seriously need 2 take a tank easy and see wot i get

fark im probably as economical as a v6

The ONLY way you could be getting those figures is if you have a long range tank or a SERIOUSLY ****ed speedo my friend :)

450km, to a 60lt tank, just doesn't happen :p

(unless you have a really miserley single barrel carby on it or something)

edit: well 400km isn't out of the question but you reckon you can get 450 if you baby it about the place... I reckon your speedo is about 15% out and telling you you're doing 115kms or so for every 100 that you're doing.

Either that, or I'm jealous of it :p

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
haha i think u would be jealous mate, after all that ive made 480 at the moment, speedo is quite accurate over long distance (like between towns back in the country where i used 2 live, within about 2 k's over a 50k stretch), its got a single rebuilt variajet II carby, and yes i get well over 500 k's in the city if i baby it a fair bit (as i sed b4 i havent done it 4 a full tank since i got my extractors...i just cant help myself with that sound...it sounds soo awesome!)

and the tank takes 63L as standard

the only other thing that could be it, is that i run premium in it, normally bp ultimate or vortex prem. if i have a fuel docket

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i used to get about 200k's per 60L of petrol with my vc but that wasn't running too flash

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
VKStevo said:
haha i think u would be jealous mate, after all that ive made 480 at the moment, speedo is quite accurate over long distance (like between towns back in the country where i used 2 live, within about 2 k's over a 50k stretch), its got a single rebuilt variajet II carby, and yes i get well over 500 k's in the city if i baby it a fair bit (as i sed b4 i havent done it 4 a full tank since i got my extractors...i just cant help myself with that sound...it sounds soo awesome!)

and the tank takes 63L as standard

the only other thing that could be it, is that i run premium in it, normally bp ultimate or vortex prem. if i have a fuel docket

With a 5 speed, a regularly tuned carby with decent intake and a blue HEI dizzy running a bit of advance, I might believe you :)

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
well thats your choice if u believe me or not, when i originally started this topic i didnt even think that it was that good, running at 12L/100K's in the city, thought it should be closer 2 10...but i guess not